you propose (requested)

After months of being on your first headlining tour, it all finally came to an end and you're finally getting to go home to celebrate your girlfriend's birthday with her and her family.

Being a singer-songwriter you tend to be away from home a lot. Hailee, your girlfriend of almost two years, is the most supportive person in your life and you couldn't be more grateful for her. But you promised her you'd be there for her birthday and you managed to end your tour right before then.

And true to your word, you got home the night before. She greeted you in the airport by throwing her arms around you and twirling you around for everyone to see. You spent that night in each other's arms while all of your favorite movies played, until midnight when it was officially Hailee's birthday.

You watched the clock change from 11:59 to midnight. "It's officially midnight! Happy birthday! You rolled on top of her and peppered kisses all across her face making her laugh and squirm around underneath you. "Happy birthday beautiful" You smiled and kissed her cheek before rolling onto your back and turning the lamp off. "Okay. Time to sleep. I have a very important gift for you that I can't wait for you to see." Hailee's eyebrows furrowed but she put her head on your shoulder and fell asleep anyways.

When she woke up the next morning to an empty bed but warm sheets she knew she wasn't dreaming of you being home. She ran down the stairs and saw you and her parents in the kitchen. She ran right up to you and put her arms around you. "Good morning! Happy birthday, beauty." You kissed her forehead and watched as she went up to her parents to give them some hugs.

The day went by pretty quickly, and it all led up to this very moment. Her parents knew about you proposing to her so when her dad gave you a thumbs up, you knew it was time. The Christmas tree behind you made for the most beautiful background possible. "Hailee?" She turned away from the conversation with her brother and looked at you smiling. "I wanna talk to you about something."

You held your hand out and she happily took it. She looked over at her parents who were smiling and pulled out their phones to capture the special moment. "What's going on?" She asked, her voice noticeably tinted with a little worry, but it all faded away when you comfortingly brushed your thumb across her knuckles. "I have an early Christmas present for you."

You gave her hand a squeeze and swallowed back your nerves. "I love you so much. You make every day so wonderful. I've loved you for so long now, long before I met you. I love everything about you but I love how much better you make me most of all. You've made me a better person and I couldn't imagine my life without you." You took a deep breath to look into her brown eyes that were swimming with tears. "Which is why I wanna marry you. Will you marry me?" You bent down on one knee and held the ring out for her.

Hailee gasped, tears streaming down her face but still she was smiling. She bent down in front of you and nodded her head. "Yes. Of course, I will." You put the ring on her finger and pulled her into your arms. Your shoulders dropped from relief, the pressure and nerves are now gone as you held your fiancee in your arms.

Hailee's family was cheering and taking photos of the moment. But all you could focus on was Hailee. "Happy birthday." Hailee sniffled and let you wipe away her tears. "This is the best birthday of my life. I love you so much."