Gally [7]

It had been three months since Y/N arrived in the Glade. Since then, Gally had been carrying an extra heavy weight on his shoulders, not knowing where it was coming from, and therefore was unable to rid of it.

He felt the same way about Y/N that he did when he watched the sunset catch the maze walls, leaving him breathless. Did it mean he loved her because he loved the sunset which meant his work was over and he could rest his tired bones? Or was he afraid of her in the way he also feared the sunset because the night always brought on nightmares and uncertainty?

Maybe, he was afraid of her. She didn't scare him in the same way the sound of the shifting maze walls did at night, but she terrified him nevertheless. Gally couldn't understand how he felt about her because he'd never felt this way around someone. As far as he could remember, that was, since his memory had been wiped and he could recall nothing from his former life.

Today, in the council hall while a meeting persisted, Y/N sat at Gally's side on one of the long benches carved into the ground. Whenever Y/N was near, he seemed to forget all of his little problems that he realized were truly insignificant. However, it also felt like someone had a gun held to his head.

His hands were drenched in sweat, chills ran down his spine and his stomach churned. Despite knowing he needed to focus on the meeting, he couldn't. Not with Y/N right here.

All of the sudden, he felt the girls shoulder press into his and her whisper coming from just a few inches away from his ear. He didn't even have time to try and decipher what she'd said because he jumped up, taking a few steps away from Y/N. Everyone fell silent and stared at Gally.

He'd reacted so skittishly, it took Y/N by hard surprise.

"You good, man?" Minho snickered, eyeing Gally up and down.

"Fine. There was a spider." Gally grumbled, trying to wipe the sweat off of his brow.

Y/N scanned around the spot where she sat, then looked up to Gally with furrowed brows. "There's no spider."

"Well," He snapped defensively. "Whatever the shuck it was was creepy. Maybe a beetle blade."

"Relax Gally," Newt interjected, sending this builder a forewarning glare. "What's gotten into you?"

"Nothing!" Gally yelled, crossing his arms and raising his nose up in agitation.

Y/N wasn't one to buy it, nor were most of the others. "Gally! What's going on? Are you okay?"

"I don't know!" He yelled, stepping closer to the girl with an a hand pointed at her. Gally had broken and he knew it. There was no stopping himself from saying what he was about to. "You make me feel like klunk when you're around, but I also feel like I wouldn't be able to live without you here. I don't understand what the hell it is that's mucking up my shuck brain and it's been going on since you got here!"

Alby, Minho and Newt shared glances and a little bit of laughter. To them, it was more than obvious what was going on...but to Gally? Not so much. "Sounds a little bit like love."

Maybe, Gally didn't understand this feeling because even before the maze and his memory wipe, he hadn't felt love. Just maybe, this was a totally new feeling he'd never, ever felt before.

The builder stood frozen, staring at his fellow keepers with wide eyes. "Oh—" He rasped.

"Let's finish this meeting and then you two can...y'know, sort things out." Alby motioned haphazardly between the two and carried on with what he had been saying before this whole ordeal.

Gally shyly raised his gaze to meet Y/N's, still just as lost and confused as before, but a little more aware of his situation. Now, he had a place to start in order to work things out.

Luckily for him, Y/N didn't look away or scowl. She sent him a warm smile before turning away and returning her attention to Alby.

Gally figured things might just work out alright in the long run. Which, for him, might be a first here.