Minho [17]

"Bloody hell Minho," Newt's tired, groggy voice made its way through the maproom as he stepped inside. Closing the door, he looked to his friend who was hunched over the table with concern. "This is getting out of hand."

Snapping out of his daze, Minho looked up and rubbed his eyes. "What?"

Newt tilted his head and furrowed his brows, unimpressed. Crossing his arms and shifting his weight, the second in command readied himself for a long conversation. "You've been staying up late like this for weeks now. Keep at it and you're going to go mad."

Minho scoffed and stretched his arms over his head. "Well, this place is always a damn ruckus and this is the only time I can get work done." A smirk came across his face. "Besides, if you wanna catch the sunrise around here, it's easiest if you stay up and wait for it."

Sighing, Newt rubbed his forehead. "I'm not an idiot, Minho. What's going on?"

Minho trusted Newt more than anyone here in the Glade. There were some things though, that he was still hesitant to share. What was weighing on his heart tonight, just like all the other nights he'd spent in the maproom, was something he was afraid of disclosing.

"Well it's obvious it's something serious because you're not trying to be a smart ass about it." Newt exclaimed, holding out his hand. "So, spit it out. If possible, I would like to get back to bed but I'm not leaving until you sort this mess out."

His heart was in his throat and palms were sweating. Deep down, he knew he had to find a way to fix this. Staying up until dawn every night was going to kill him sooner than later. If the sleep deprivation didn't kill him, he'd at least lose himself from being in his head too much.

"Fine." He croaked. "It's Y/N."

With unwavering features and pursed lips, Newt stared at Minho for what felt like forever for the keeper of runners.

"Really?" He asked. "That's what this is about?"

"Y-yeah—what else—"

Considering how tired he was, Newt jolted forward at Minho far too fast for the time of night. "You've been staying up util the bloody crack of dawn the past few weeks, causing Alby and I to be worried sick over Y/N? Y/N?"

Minho knit his brows and eyed Newt in aggravation. "Yeah, Y/N. Something wrong with that?"

"Oh, no." Newt threw his arms up defensively. "Nothing wrong with it being Y/N. The problem is you and how you're being such a coward about it."

"Hey!" Minho barked.

"We're fixing this right now." Newt grumbled and ran out of the maproom.

Confused and tired, Minho rolled his eyes and sat back down to think, running his hands through his hair. For a moment, he thought he might just slip away into sleep. That was until the maproom door squealed as it was flung open erratically.

"Sort it out!" Newt cried before departing as soon as possible, probably to go back to his hammock and sleep the few remaining hours of the night away.

Y/N, still half asleep and shaken sat on the floor, hair amiss and rubbing her eyes. She yawned and slumped over before looking up to Minho with watery eyes. "What's going on?"

"Um—" Minho swallowed hard, remaining sat where he was, tense. "Morning."

Y/N looked up with tired eyes. "It's not morning yet. Are you okay?"

"Oh yeah," Minho laughed nervously. "Just dandy."

"Then why did Newt throw me in here?" She questioned. "He wouldn't just—"

"It's nothing, Newt's just being annoying, yaknow?" Minho walked over and picked Y/N up off of the ground and began guiding her outside and toward her hammock. "Newt just wanted me to admit how long I've had a crush on you since it's been keeping me up all night and stuff."

"What?" Y/N stumbled through the grass in the dark as Minho pushed her.

"Oh look!" Minho guided Y/N down into her hammock. "It's your bed. This has all been one crazy dream. Got it?"

"Mmm—" Y/N mumbled as she laid back down in her hammock and buried herself beneath a warm blanket. Minho pushed the hair out of her face and smiled.

Once he knew she was asleep again, he ran away as fast as he could back to the map room.

"Morning," Newt said as he sat across from Y/N. "How were things last night?"

"I had an insane dream," Y/N stared blankly at her food, sort of confused looking. "You woke me up, brought me to the medjack hut and told Minho to sort something out. He basically confessed to me and then...yeah I don't remember the rest." She shrugged. "Weird, right?"

"Hate to break it to you," Newt cringed. "That was not a dream."

"What?" Y/N dropped her spoon, tried to catch it but failed.

Newt looked up over Y/N's shoulder. There was Minho, trying to make his way from the woods to the other side of the Glade sneakily. He failed and saw Newt had caught him.

"You actually woke me up last night? That was real?" Y/N was a little to confused for this early in the morning.

Minho was slicing his hand against his throat, warning Newt to not say anything. Little did he know, it was too late.

"Oh yeah, it was real alright." Newt stifled a laugh. His eyes were glued on Minho and that caused Y/N to turn around.

Her eyes met Minho's and he lowered his arm to stop sending threats to Newt. His face fell cold and Y/N eyed him in disbelief. She raised her arms up in question and shook her head. Though a little lost and shocked, she still smiled.

Minho shrugged and ran off into the trees as fast as he could. He didn't know what to do or say. He'd been caught and wasn't sure how to face his mistake just yet.

"He'll have to talk to you at some point. Just wait." Newt laughed and went to finish his breakfast.