Chapter 12

"Listen, I need to take my car otherwise how will I come back in the evening? And you know in the evening there's a shortage of buses and cabs suddenly!" I tried to explain my point while leaning from the outside of his car's window.

"I'll pick you up in the evening!" He said looking straight.

"Wait...what?!" Did I heard right?

"Now will you get inside?" He asked impatiently

Still very much confused with his reply, I quickly got inside his car. Zooming past our house he slowed down the car a bit once we were out on the road. "What's so hurry today?" He asked looking straight.

"I don't know. Guess, it might be something regarding a new book" I shrugged, he only nodded. There was a moment of silence before I spoke, "When did you came on the bed?" I didn't dared to look at him so I kept on looking outside the window.

"After fajr"

"You don't have to sleep on the couch, it's okay!" I said.

"No, I'm fine. It's just that out of habit I went straight to the bed" he said

"It's Okay, Ashar. Guess, someone's sleeping habit hasn't changed a bit also!" I said chuckling.

"I-I am s-sorry!" He said scratching the back of his head.

"It's okay! Should I tell you a secret?" I glanced at him.

"What?" He looked at me.

"It actually brought many beautiful memories back" I said looking outside the window. For sure a blush was prominent on my cheeks while he just coughed. For the rest of the ride we both were silent. Only the occassional sound of the beeps of messages could be heard.

Stopping the car in front of my office he looked at me. "When will you be free?" He asked.

"Usually I get over by five but today seems the exception." I said going through my bag.

"Just let me know"

"Hmm...Okay, thanks. Take care!" I opened the door but he stopped me, "Laiba"

"Yes?"

"This is for you" he said handing me a small box. I raised my eyebrows at him. "You didn't ate anything and I know you'll skip eating from Canteen as well" he said and a small smile stretched across my face.

"You didn't-"

"Aren't you getting late?" He asked

I just chuckled at his question, "Bye."

~~~

Walking towards the main gate of my office, I had a huge smile on my face. Clutching the box tightly against my chest, I walked happily inside.

"Good Morning" I greeted a bit extra loudly to almost everyone present.

"A very Good Morning, Laiba" Aunt Rachael came forward and I hugged her. "Someone's in a good mood" she said caressing my face. Aunt Rachael is one of the most sweetest and cutest working lady over her. At the age of thirty nine she can give a good challenge to the young teenagers. But for me, she's like a motherly figure to me.

"In a very very good mood!" I said smiling.

"May God bless you always" she kissed my forehead.

"Why was our Boss in such a hurry?" I asked walking beside her towards the elevator.

"No idea" she just shrugged and I pressed the third floor button.

Soon enough a ding sound was heard and we both walked out randomly talking about useless things. Upon reaching my boss's cabin, I opened the door and went inside greeting my co-workers.