Chapter Twenty Six

"So, has your Selection been as glamorous and romantic as your father's?" Kevin asks. I shrug.

"I don't know. It's different. But my father's Selection was far from perfect," I say as we walk towards Kevin's room. He looks over at me and seems like he is more interested in the conversation.

"What do you mean?" he asks.

"Can you keep a secret?" I ask. He nods eagerly and I pull him into an empty room. I tell him about my mother and how she and a guard had a thing for each other during the Selection. He listens with lots of interest.

"Wow. That is really interesting," he says. I nod and we leave the room. When we part ways, he practically ran to his room. I just shrug it off and walk down the steps to the ladies room. My father stops me when I'm about to go in.

"Celia, we need to talk," he says. I follow him to his study.

"What is it, dad?" I ask. He shifts uncomfortably.

"Celia, since you eliminated so many guys so fast, the councilmen think you should have another guy eliminated in the next week," he says.

"Um, okay," I say. I get up to leave but my father stops me as I open the door.

"And, Celia, I want you to be careful with who you pick. I've sensed some tension between the guys," my father says. I nod and thank him.
Super short chapter! I'm sorry. Both events need to happen, though. Please comment and leave ideas!

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns The Selection, not me.