Ch. 18

The boy got up out of his bed and looked around. He wasn't sure where he was or who he was; it was like there was an empty void inside of him that was missing from him.

He looked to the left of him and saw a window. The sun was shining brightly in the sky, filling his room with light. As he continued to look around the room, he saw a bookshelf, an old lamp, a chair, and a photo frame of flowers in a garden. There was a table next to him with a bouquet of flowers and what seemed to be an action figure. It brought him a sense of nostalgia, but he couldn't tell why.

There was an IV bag and it was connected to a tube that was jutting out of his arm. He felt the need to take it out, but he didn't know what would happen if he did. He didn't want to be careless in the new environment that he was set in.

He noticed a cast around his leg and his arm that he almost forgot about. Even the limbs without the casts felt stiff like they haven't been used for what they were meant to do for months. For some reason, the boy felt like he was just a plain statue that was left uncared about. He didn't recognize anything, but he had a sad feeling deep inside of him. A small part of him wanted to rip out the tubes from his arms just to see what would happen, but he thought that he knew better.

There were no sounds around him. Everything was quiet except for the ticking from a clock hanging on the wall. He looked at the clock, and it read that the time was 2:58 in the afternoon. For some reason, he felt like he should have been expecting something, but he continued to sit on his bed quietly.

He decided to lay back down and close his eyes, trying to remember something that could make him human again. All the memories of him being happy were now fuzzy and had no color in them. They seemed corrupted and useless now to him.

Then, he remembered something.

He remembered a classroom. It was a classroom filled with people. They were all wearing similar uniforms and had backpacks on their backs. Some were walking out of the room, while others talked to each other in small groups of three or four.

He was sitting at a desk and getting his stuff while someone came to talk to him. Their hair was vibrant in color and they had hertochromatic eyes that looked beautiful. He wanted to compliment the, but he couldn't because it was only a memory.

He woke up again and sat back up on his bed, reading the time that was now 3:02. He felt an aching feeling inside of his stomach but didn't know why.

Then, he heard people talking outside of his room. Two people. Discussing things. Things that he couldn't hear very well. He didn't exactly care, but he felt like they were talking about him.

One of them opened the door, and dropped a bouquet of flowers on the floor when they saw him sitting upright on the bed. The boy started to remember who he was, and who the other boy who walked in was. He gave a bright smile to the boy who walked in, and nodded for him to sit in the chair that was near the bed.

"Hey [@&#($*&], how are you?" The boy asked, still smiling. The other that had walked in was too shocked to speak, sitting down on the chair like he was seeing things.

"You're...alive..." They muttered. The boy laughed as the other stared at them in the eyes. The boy smiled and nodded, his smile starting to look more sorrowful.

"I..." He didn't finish what he was about to say, instead deciding to pass it off as a thought that was unfinished in his head. The other looked at him and after a moment, gave him a hug.

"I'm- I'm sorry..." Was all he could say.

He knew that things wouldn't stay like this for long, and that he couldn't outrun the karma that had been chasing after him for such a long time. Day after day, he knew what was coming for him. He knew that he wouldn't be actually, genuinely, happy for very long.

It was only a matter of time before the clock restarts.

It was only a matter of time before [*#&$*#*]