Too Litty

WARNING: Drug references and usage

Rushil had never had weed in any state of matter—edibles, smoking, or otherwise. Based on experience, Lee kept Rushil to his side after they forked over thirty bucks for two Strong As Hell brownies. A full brownie for Lee and half of one for Rushil.

The lights were dim and the air was clearer and less hazy. The smoking section was on the top floor of the building. Lee and Rushil left the vendor room on the second floor where a line of people stood in the hallway chatting and mingling.

"Since this is your first time," Lee started as they stepped down the narrow corridor to the balcony, "you're probably just gonna get sleepy. It'll take forty-five minutes for you to even feel anything, got it?"

"Geez, you know a lot about weed. I don't know why I'm surprised," Rushil said as he accepted the half-brownie from Lee.

They leant up against the brick siding of the house with their feet pushed to the base of the iron railing. Lee unwrapped his brownie—it was still warm from the oven and soft and moist against his fingertips. Rushil and Lee tipped their brownies together like they were cheering the New Year before taking their first bites.

Roland wasn't wrong—it did taste like ass. Lee preferred edibles over smoking any day, though, so he downed it fast and gagged a little at the taste. He brushed his hands off on his jeans and looked to Rushil, who looked entirely too disgusted to finish the last half of his brownie piece.

Rushil stuck his tongue out and held it out to Lee. "Don't like that," he rasped out, coughing.

Lee laughed and said, "What, so you want me to take it?" Rushil nodded. Lee took it and popped it in his mouth. "Whatever, dude," he said, mouth full.

They stood on the balcony for a while longer overlooking Frat Row. There was music playing from the first floor, and they could hear people shouting and whooping upstairs. It sounded like some karaoke was going on, and Lee and Rushil laughed at the tone-deaf singers that were out of view.

Eventually, Lee turned to Rushil and said, "Hey, I wanted to ask you something."

Rushil folded his arms and said, "Sure, what's up?"

Lee opened his mouth but his voice was drowned out by a bright-haired girl popping out of the balcony door. Rushil startled with a curse, turning to where Olivia leaned out with a hand on the doorframe and a serious frown on her face. Lee was almost certain she was incapable of smiling without looking like a psychopath anyway.

She narrowed her eyes at them and said, "How come you two didn't come find me when you got here."

Lee held up his empty brownie wrapper and said, "Got distracted."

Olivia snapped her fingers at him and said, "How long ago did you take that."

"Like, fifteen minutes?"

"Good. We've got thirty for you to show off in the basement. I brought some girls from the club, and there's a pole downstairs. I wanna see what you can do."

"A pole? As in pole dancing?" Rushil said, amazed. Olivia was already marching off, fully expecting them to follow. Rushil put a hand to his forehead and staggered into the hallway. He turned back to Lee to whisper, "This is crazy! First weed and now pole dancing."

"Parties aren't usually like this," Lee said, but then again, he had a weird-ass high school experience, what with Sen as his older brother.

They followed after Olivia's red hair as went down the stairs and down a black lit hallway. Her hair turned a vibrant magenta in the light, glowing brilliantly in the bluish dark. Lee's hair and Rushil's t-shirt under his flannel glowed bright white. Rushil hurried alongside Lee, a giddy smile on his face. Lee elbowed him in the side with a laugh as they turned down the stairwell heading to the basement.