이십

Taehyung awoke from a nightmare once again, feeling hot and sweaty. His skin felt way too tight and he wanted to rip it off, wanted to get rid of this horrible feeling swirling in his stomach which was nothing else but fear, horror.

What shocked him more was that the door flew open and a man bursted inside, black gun visible in his hand, hair messy, upper body exposed and a crazy expression on his handsome face.

"Who do I have to kill?", the Joker breathed out with a growl in his voice while Taehyung was gasping helplessly for air, fighting a panic attack while he laid limply on the huge bed, brown watery eyes fixed on his soulmate in a silent beg for help.

"Angel", Jeongguk murmured, throwing his gun thoughtlessly away and stalking towards the tiny boy curled up in his kingsize bed, knees dipping into the soft fabric of his mattress before leaning over the lovely creature displaced for only his sight and his sight only.

"Focus only on me, Angel", the black haired maniac called out gently for the panicked boy in front of him whose eyes were huge, loud gasps leaving his red lips, chest rapidly falling and heaving.

The little brunet flinched when he felt warm fingertips brushing over his tear decorated cheeks, holding his face gently in between soft warm palms.

Dark swirls and black promises adored Jeongguk's entire hands, tattoos ranking over his fingers, calling out for Taehyung to take a closer look at them but he could only focus on Jeongguk's face.

The face of the one he was supposed to spend his whole life with. The man given to him by destiny.

"That's my good boy, take deep breaths for me, yeah? In and out, Precious", Jeongguk instructed the vulnerable boy who was silently crying, eyes focused on his face, sight heavy from uncried tears but he listened to Jeongguk obediently and that made pride bloom in the man's chest who repeated his actions and watched how Taehyung followed.

"Stay here with me, Angel. This is reality and whatever haunted you, it's not here. I'm here. And I won't leave", Jeongguk said, voice raspy from worry but he tried to calm the shaking boy down. Holding his face in between his tatted palms, thumbs grazing over the fragile skin of Taehyung's rosy dusted cheeks.

Kim Taehyung was a canvas. A canvas, Jeongguk wanted to paint, not only with the blooming colors of hickeys and love bruises but also with the healthy glow of nutrition, pink adoring his cheeks and sparkles in his beautiful beautiful eyes. Emotions shall paint his face whenever he would express his feelings, sensing the sparkles of laughter tickling his throat.

Jeongguk wanted to give everything to his little angel.

The boy seemed to finally calm, hands shyly resting above Jeongguk's own, snuggling into the warm palms resting on his cheeks and it brought a smile to the face of Korea's insane Mafia prince, leaning more forward.

"Are you okay?", the question made Taehyung hesitate, he wasn't, he might have calm down but that didn't mean that he was fine.

"Even if you're not, I'll stay and help you fix you. And take revenge on everyone doing this to you. You're my angel after all", Jeongguk promised with darkness laced over his voice but it didn't brought fear upon Taehyung, rather the glowing feeling of belonging to someone who truly cared for him, even in a way that should probably scare him.

The exhausted brunet closed his eyes, resting in the hold of the man who brought so much misery over so many people, creating chaos with the hands holding him so gently as if he was the most precious and fragile thing to touch.

"I'm not okay... but I think, with you I'm close to being fine", Taehyung whispered, voice weak and shaky from screaming and crying, throat burning even more than usual but he ignored it, also as always.

"That's good", Jeongguk said, black eyes moving over Taehyung's small pretty face, looking exhausted but still managing to make the maniac's heart pounding louder and harder inside of his chest. Because Taehyung still managed to look absolutely ethereal. The voice screaming in his head to get rid of Taehyung long forgotten and pushed into the back of his head, suffocating it until it grew smaller and smaller until it was fully gone.

"Only know you for a few days and I want to hold you forever in my arms already... little soulmate...", Jeongguk breathed out. Tilting his head more down and Taehyung tiredly blinked.

And in this blink of an eye, Jeongguk has kissed Taehyung.

Only shortly, only a peck but it was enough for feelings to explode in both the men's stomachs, the smaller left blushing and the taller confused over the sudden rush of feelings. What was this little guy doing to him... confusing his feelings when he had them under such great control, being feared and respected but left a confused mess his own after coming in contact with this little angel like boy.

"S-stay, please...", the sweet beg made Jeongguk halt, already wanting to flee from the unwanted feelings and as soon as he looked at his lovely soulmate, he complied with not one thought about leaving. Body coming down to rest next to the small angel, engulfing him with protective arms to pull him into an embrace he'll never leave again.

"Sleep, little angel. I'll be here and watching over your dreams", Jeongguk mumbled into Taehyung's fluffy hair, holding his soulmate close to his chest when the boy drifted back to sleep, mumbling a small 'thank you' before falling back into Morpheus' arms, small smile playing on his lips.

And Jeongguk finally understood what it was like to find the one thing that truly mattered in life.

His soulmate

~

Ela_koo