이십삼

Once Jin barged into the room, he was surprised to see his usually so cold brother attached to another human being, that person being Taehyung. The thin brunet was leaning against Jeongguk, both sitting on the kitchen counter, a bare bowl of rice in front of Taehyung, spoon in his between his long beautiful fingers, eating carefully his rice.

Jeongguk was watching him in awe, playing with the brunet's long silky hair, wiping his bangs out of his face before tucking it behind his ear, leaving a short kiss to its shell.

Jin stopped in his tracks, not wanting to interrupt this precious moment in between the two soulmates, soft smile dancing on his plump lips when he saw their adorable interaction, it has been a long time since he saw Jeongguk behaving like this, never was his younger brother this gentle with another human being, not even with his beloved brothers.

Especially not with his mother or father, not able to take their torture in such a young age. The ignorance of his mother and the selfish behavior of his father was simply too much for Jeongguk to stay sane and since then, he never felt love in his heart or let anyone approach him.

That was until Taehyung has broken this facade, breaking Jeongguk's walls with one single glance. And Jin couldn't describe how happy he was for the two to find each other. In these moments, he missed his own soulmate, but thinking of him was too painful for the doctor, he didn't want to recall these memories where he too was as happy as the two lovebirds in front of him.

He could see the change from the two, Taehyung sometimes shyly glancing at Jeongguk with a pretty blush adoring his cheeks, Jeongguk looking mesmerized and soft when Taehyung wasn't looking at him, fingers never stopping to play with Taehyung's long locks.

"Hyung, how much longer do you wanna stand there without saying anything?", Jeongguk didn't take his eyes off of his lovely soulmate who looked up concerned as well, one hand laying on Jeongguk's muscular thigh to steady his little weight, head falling against Jeongguk's chest, so naturally as if he never did anything else. Jeongguk didn't mind, arm coming forward to support Taehyung, looking at Jin in a silent order to say something.

"I didn't want to interrupt your moment", Jin excused himself before hesitantly walking closer to the two, smiling warmly at Taehyung. "Hey Taehyung, how are you feeling?", Jin asked, crouching down in front of the tiny brunet by Jeongguk's side. Jeongguk took the now empty spoon out of Taehyung's hand, asking him: "are you finished, Angel?", and when Taehyung nodded shyly, the man grinned, placing the spoon into the almost empty bowl.

" 'm good... n-not so hungry anymore", he whispered, letting Jeongguk pamper him, wiping some rice off of the corner of his lips, fixing his wrinkled shirt and his hair again before kissing the crown of Taehyung's hair. "That's great, might if I take a look at your health condition?", Jin asked with a friendly smile, rubbing small circles over Taehyung's knee.

Taehyung felt overwhelmed, wanting to cry because he was so happy and grateful from how nice all of them were treating him, asking him if he was uncomfortable, if he ate enough, he was so so grateful for all of them. Tears started to form in his eyes, quickly nodding before burying his head into Jeongguk's chest, it all felt so natural to act like this around Jeongguk and the other man didn't seem to mind.

He felt happy that Taehyung was acting this way, so careless and brave, not afraid of him like anyone else, even his brothers were afraid of him, he just knew it, but this little angel wasn't, accepting Jeongguk with open arms and searching so shyly for support and love in his embrace. It made Jeongguk's heart swell with pride.

"What's wrong, Lovely?", Jin suddenly asked concerned when he saw Taehyung tearing up, the little brunet shaking his head before weakly laughing, Jeongguk's attention immediately on his soulmate.

"'m just so... happy... y-you are all s-so nice to mea-and... 'm super grateful for your kindness", Taehyung whispered and Jin wanted to cry from the cuteness of the little male, large brown eyes looking up to him, so innocent and pure, it made Jin want to protect him forever. Jeongguk kissed Taehyung's temple, rubbing his back before holding onto his tiny waist.

"Your happiness and health is everything that matters to me", he whispered, voice too low for Jin to hear and he needed to admit, that this was truly the truth. Only a few days with the presence of his soulmate and the knowledge of having one and Jeongguk was already so whipped. But he secretly liked it, liked the thought of someone truly caring for him and someone he could take care of.

Jeon Jeongguk didn't mind having a soulmate anymore. He indeed has grew fond of this thought, smiling down at the tiny boy curled up at his side, Jin checking his pulse and blood pressure while complimenting Taehyung for doing so good.

"Hyung, my angel needs a haircut. Go find someone who can cut his hair after you're done", Jeongguk ordered his brother, Jin humming in response after finishing his check up, smiling again at Taehyung who looked concerned at him.

"You're getting better already, Lovely, it's still a rather long way but you're doing just fine. Continue eating basic food and stay in someone's near, preferably Jeongguk's since you're the most comfortable around him. Your soulmate can give you strength after bonding, if you are curious to know. Your body is still weak but your condition is stable enough. I'll still have to check you daily, maybe give you some vitamin pills if anything changes. But for now, we don't have to worry too much", Jin said the last words towards Jeongguk who visibly relaxed, kissing Taehyung's hair again.

"That's great.... thank you, Seokjin Hyung", Taehyung whispered before smiling sweetly. "A-am I doing this right? I...haven't smiled in a while", the pretty brunet shyly confessed, making the brothers' hearts flip in pity when they heard this pitiful confession, Jeongguk immediately wanting to burn something down or bury a knife into someone's corpse, preferably Choi Minho's for doing this to his beautiful soulmate who deserved nothing but the best.

"You're doing perfectly fine, angel", Jeongguk murmured into Taehyung's hair before glancing up over his little head to his brother. "Jin? The hair dresser?", he asked again and Jin broke out of his daze, jumping onto his feet.

"Yes, yes, sure I'm on my way", he exclaimed again and left the two soulmates alone again.

~
Ela_koo