Hope (Part 2)

Rin's POV

It is the next day, and I'm still alive. Why, you ask? Because of Yukio. I thought that he would only see me as a ruthless demon who got our father killed, but now I can see that's not the truth. He was just trying to hide his true feelings for... some reason. He still loves me, and that's all I could ever ask for.

Kuro paws my chest. "Get up Rin! Yukio made breakfast this morning!" He continues to bounce up and down rhythmically on my chest until I finally decide to get up.

Hold on a second... "He did WHAT now?!" I remember when we were really little a he had tried to cook. He nearly burnt down the whole monastery! Since then, every cooking attempt by Yukio resulted in disaster. "Oh shit, I have to go check on him!"

I race down the stairs, my pajamas still on, only to find a nice, western meal set on the table. There was bacon, eggs, pancakes, and hash browns. To say this blew my mind was more than an understatement. My jaw was dropped, but no words came out.

"Well, are you just gonna stand there or can we start eating now?" Yukio questioned, breaking me out of my trance.

I stuttered, "Uh... yeah, yeah. But, Yukio, did you... make all this... by yourself?"

He smiled. "While I'd like to take all of the credit, I simply can't. Ukobach helped me with most of it! I only made the eggs and set the table."

Ukobach nodded from the kitchen and went back to cleaning dirty dishes from last night. I thought you had cleaned all of them, but I must have missed the ones on the table.

"Listen, Rin," Yukio spoke, "I know that things haven't exactly been... easy lately, but you need to know that I'm always here. If you ever need to talk about anything, I am here. Please don't hesitate to come talk." His face looked genuinely worried for me, and his hands started to shake a little bit. "Can you just promise me that... that you'll come to me if you need help?" His fingers clenched into his palm so tightly that his knuckles became white due to the pressure.

"I..." I thought for a second. Could I really go to him? Even if I couldn't, would it be okay to just lie to Yukio about something like that? "I promise. I'll come to you if I need anything." I lied, but I figure that our relationship will eventually build up to that point. All I have ever wanted was to see my family happy, and that includes Yukio.

"Thank you, Rin. Really..." He threw himself on top of me, engulfing me in a hug. He rubbed my hair soothingly, and I could feel wet tears start to wet my back. "I love you, Rin."

I said nothing, just sat in the hug. It took me a few second to realize what was happening, but once I did, I returned the favor. I squeezed his shoulders, tears threatening to spill over my own eyes. "I love you too, Yukio."

Hey guys! Sorry for another short chapter, but I am currently on vacation and don't have that much time to write. Next week I also have exams, so it might take me awhile to get on a good update schedule. In the meantime, please enjoy! And if you enjoy this story, feel free to check out some of my others!