Chapter 55

Elijah faced the window staring at Marcels group of vampires.
"What has got you so down?" Kol asks, walking behind him.
"You're back?" Elijah asks.
"Temporarily, yes." Kol responds. Kol only came here for one reason and that was to to tell Elijah about the kids. Guilt has eaten him up so much that the only way to get rid of it was to tell him. Of course he didn't want to betray Samantha but, he knew Elijah deserves to know.
"So what has gotten you in such a foul mood, this isn't the Elijah I know." Kol says, patting him on the back.

Elijah continues to stare intensely at the group of amateur vampires. He finally turns away from the view and faces Kol.
"I can't help but wonder if this is all my fault." Elijah begins.
"Nothing is your fault brother, it's all Klaus' fault." Kol says.
"Whenever Klaus seems to make these plans, I'm always backing him." Elijah says.
"What's making you all of a sudden confess your sins?" Kol asks.
"Hayley is now a hybrid. A being that she did not want to be. I can't help but wonder if this is the way Samantha is getting back at me." Elijah says.

"Why do you think that?" Kol asks, obviously knowing the answer.
"She's not herself is like everyday she feeds and kills those witches, she loses a part of herself. Everything I loved about her is fading away and I... I can't do anything to help." Elijah says, his eyebrows furrowing, lines indent on his forehead.
"You think because you helped Klaus basically end Samantha, she's getting back at you through the people you love." Kol says.
"Well... yes." Elijah responds, now taking a seat.
"Well if Samantha did want to get back at you,
she would do that." Kol says causing Elijah to roll his eyes.

"Here I was thinking you would tell me I'm being delusional and tell me no, she wouldn't do that." Elijah responds.
"I'm not going to sugar coat things brother." Kol responds.
"So how long are you planning to stay here brother?" Elijah asks.
"As soon as I deliver this message." Kol responds, handing Elijah an envelop. Elijah looks at his brother curiously before opening it. Out of the envelope came out the picture of Olivia and Nathaniel. Elijah looks at his brother with a blank face, showing no emotion.

"What do you want me to do with this picture of what appears to be... children." Elijah says, putting it back in the envelop.
"It's because they're... they're..." Kol began, he couldn't continue as swear poured down his face. He quickly rushed to the next room and got pen and wrote on top of the envelop.
"AGHHHHHH." Kol screamed. He couldn't say it due to Samantha's spell. When he tried to write it, it would flame up. He then decided to text it.

'The children are yours. Read this quickly, you named the girl, Olivia Louise Mikaelson, you were at the birth but Samantha erased your memory. You need to try to remember this.' Kol texted as fast as he could. Elijah got the message and looked at his brother. "Is this some sort of sick joke Kol." Elijah says.
"If it was, why do you think I can't say it." Kol retorts.
"Samantha and I haven't even.."Elijah begins.
"Tell me why you can't remember what happened when you visited me in London." Kol says. Elijah furrows his eyebrows trying to remember but nothing comes to his mind. "Well our everything else that I would expect you to tell me, this would be the most absurd." Elijah says.
"I don't know what I have to say for you to believe me brother. But I would never come all this way just to deliver a false message!" Kol shouts. Elijah remains silent, contemplating on what to say next.

"Fine if you don't believe me but tomorrow come to this address and see from your own eyes." Kol says before leaving. Elijah stood bewildered by Kol'a revelation. He didn't know where to believe Kol or not. "It can't be possible." Elijah says to himself. At the moment, Freya walked in. "Looks like you need help remembering," she says.
"Did you hear all of that?" Elijah asks.
"Not all, but the part that stood out to me the most is that you can't remember something and I can help you with that." Freya says.

"And why should I trust you?" Elijah asks.
"Because you're not Klaus." Freya says.
"Do you think that it is essential that I remember?" Elijah asks.
"If you can't remember something that happened it is probably because it is important and don't worry I'll stay out of your head." Freya says.
"How long do you think it'll take?" Elijah asks.
"You have a thousand years worth of memories, it'll take as long as necessary." Freya says. She holds out her hand for Elijah to take. Elijah hesitantly holds her hand. He knew he couldn't remember something and no matter how much he tried to convince himself that he remembers all, he couldn't help but to believe whether Kol was right.

———————————————

Hayley quickly packed her and Hopes bag. She felt like she needed to leave, she needed to get rid of the bloodshed and even though she loved Elijah, she didn't know whether he loved what she has become. She called the nearest cab and waited for it to come. She needed to leave before Klaus got there. She took the note with her before Klaus uses it to speculate where she disappeared. She had to go far. Far from the French quarter. Far from New Orleans.

The cab honked at the front, she quickly took her belongings and placed it in the cab. "Goodbye Elijah." She whispered before entering the cab with her daughter. She knew what she was doing was unforgivable but it was right. All the pain and fighting and death would be soon over.