chapter 86

86. The Amazing Shu Shu

The Fallen Beast Planet was sparsely populated and had always been very quiet. The desert zone was even more so; very few living animals moved around in this area. Yet recently, a certain border of the desert of the Fallen Beast Planet had been very lively, and a lot of fallen beasts had gathered here.   

Today, this place was even livelier.

The spaceships that had landed in the distant place all soared, flying toward this side of the desert, and around them, there were still some aircraft escorts. The entire procession could be said to be so grandiose it hid the sky and covered the earth, and the sound of activity was extremely loud.

A few days ago, several fallen beast colonies nearby already got the news that Reynolds, who was regarded as the king by the fallen beasts, was staying at that barren place whose sole merit was its safety.

Now that they saw so many spaceships flying towards the desert, all of them were endlessly surprised.

"It’s still not the time for the delivery men to come. Why’re there spaceships coming?"

"A lot of spaceships! And they’re all big spaceships!"

"Are they coming to find Reynolds?"

"They should be. Before Mr. Reynolds came here, he was an important general!"

They were discussing it incessantly when suddenly, someone said, "Those spaceships seem to be imperial family’s!"

After this man said so, everyone realized that there were imperial family’s emblems on those spaceships.

Why would the imperial family’s spaceships appear here? Were there things on the Fallen Beast Planet that could make the imperial family pay attention to this planet? Or . . . . It was totally impossible for a fallen beast to appear in the imperial family, right?

"Mr. Reynolds and His Imperial Majesty the Emperor are friends. Maybe His Imperial Majesty the Emperor came to find Reynolds." Someone explained.

The rest of the fallen beast in the colonies deeply believed so, and one fallen beast said, "How about we go there to take a look?"   

The fallen beasts lived a single’s life. Aside from preparing their own food, they hardly needed to do anything else, and they had lots of free time on weekdays. So now, after making a decision, they simply ran to the desert.

Meanwhile, in the desert, the spaceships had landed. As soon as they were parked securely, aircraft, mechs, and so on all flew down from the spaceships. In addition, many beastmen dressed in military uniforms of the Imperial Fleet neatly came down from the spaceships.

Everything was done neatly and tidily and looked very imposing. It was simply a variety of scenes that would only appear in movies.

Edgar and Shu Shu had been waiting at the dugout entrance, and Reynolds' subordinates were also there. They naturally caught sight of this scene.

When these fallen beasts came to the Fallen Beast Planet, it was either long ago or a few years ago. They could not recognize Edgar’s beast form and did not know Shu Shu. But basically, they all knew Ian, the empress, and they had already known the identity of Edgar and company.

However, although they knew the identity of Edgar and company, but at the very beginning, everyone had been shocked by Shu Shu, who could help the fallen beasts restore their beast cores, and so they did not care about this identity thing.

Later, they spent a long time with Shu Shu and company and found that they did not put on airs at all. And so these fallen beasts soon forgot about it.

They could not discern anything else beyond the fact that the crown prince in his beast form was very strong. As for the empress and the crown princess . . . they did not put on airs and looked like ordinary people, ah!

Although they generally kept trying to please Shu Shu and company, but it was absolutely not because of the identity of Shu Shu and company. It was only now that they profoundly felt the difference between their standing and that of Shu Shu and company.

All the fallen beasts subconsciously quietened down.

When Chris brought Ian down from the aircraft, those fallen beasts silently got out of the way.

Chris, the emperor, they had only seen him in the news, and they had never thought that they could be in such a close contact with him.

Chris had already eaten something and also taken a nap for a few minutes while on the way here. And after doing a little sprucing up, his whole person, despite being thin, seemed to be in glowing spirits and no longer cut a sorry figure like when Ian first saw him.

"Father." Edgar called. Shu Shu also waved his hand: "Father, you came! It’s really great!"

Chris, seeing his beast-shaped son open his mouth and speak, was startled, yet his face showed nothing. "Edgar, Shu Shu, you’ve worked hard."

Chris did not show anything when speaking to Edgar, but it was impossible for others to be this calm. After being shocked by Reynolds, the men who followed after Chris were shocked by Edgar.

What exactly was going on? Why was His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince still able to speak in spite of being beast-shaped?

"This is what I should do." Edgar said. Laying his eyes on Shu Shu, he felt that it was Shu Shu who had really worked hard.

Chris took a deep breath, feeling excited as well as guilty.

If it were not for his son, Ian would probably have lost his life . . . . Fortunately, Edgar took action to save people. But . . . his son and Shu Shu had suffered hardship.

Seeing that Edgar had become a fallen beast again and that Shu Shu’s belly slightly bulged out, Chris immediately looked behind him, “You quickly examine the crown prince and the crown princess.”

Chris’ spaceship had a special medical team, and they had long been ready. Hearing Chris’ words, they promptly came to Shu Shu and Edgar’s side with some instruments and started examining Shu Shu and Edgar.

"Your Imperial Majesty, the beast core of His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince is gone!" A nurse cried out in alarm.

"The physical condition of His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince is very bad!"

"His Imperial Highness, he . . ."

The expressions of several medical personnel around Edgar were very ugly. Edgar, the crown prince, actually became a fallen beast. How big of a blow was this to the imperial family?

Although they heard that Reynolds had recovered after becoming a fallen beast, but who would dare to say that Edgar could also recover?

The medical personnel around Edgar were very worried. The medical personnel around Shu Shu, however, were both shocked and delighted.

The crown princess was pregnant again. This was a big, happy event, ah! The imperial family had not given birth to two children for so many years!

But . . . hadn’t the crown princess just given birth to a child before he was snatched? How did he get pregnant again so fast? The crown princess would not have a problem, would he? The child would not have a problem, right?

These medical personnel wanted to do a more detailed examination of Shu Shu but was refused by Shu Shu without the slightest hesitation—his body was different from ordinary sub-beastmen’s; how could he casually let others examine it?

"Is the child all right?" Edgar did not care about himself. Instead, he hastened to turn his gaze toward the medical personnel around Shu Shu.

"Your Imperial Highness, we’re unable to see the child's situation." The medical personnel looked at Edgar with a stumped expression and were further bewildered. Animals' vocal cords were completely different from humans’. Although some animals could produce human sounds, but snakes were absolutely incapable of doing it. Why was His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince able to speak? And his speaking voice was still exactly the same as his voice before.

This Fallen Beast Planet was truly beyond strange everywhere.

Unable to see the child's situation? Indeed, his and Shu Shu's children were completely different from other people's children . . . . Edgar breathed a sigh of relief and then remembered that he still had one thing to deal with.

Seeing that all the people Chris brought were in a fog, Edgar said: "I'm fine. Although I have no beast core now, but I can recover after a while."

"Your Imperial Highness!" The leader of the medical team, an old doctor, stared at Edgar excitedly. "Your Imperial Highness, you said you could recover?"

"Yes, I can recover." Edgar said affirmatively.

"Your Imperial Highness, you’ve become a fallen beast, and you can still recover . . . . You . . ." This doctor was a famous doctor who had published many medical papers, and his reputation was not less than Jones’. Nevertheless, he was so shocked he was unable to say complete words at the moment.

"Not only His Imperial Highness can recover, but other fallen beasts can also recover." Jones, pulling Reynolds' hand, came down from an aircraft.

Reynolds had already replaced the clothes that were wet with the little snake’s urine. He was now wearing a military uniform and looked even more conspicuously tall and handsome. That elderly doctor had met Reynolds in the past. Now, after seeing the human-shaped Reynolds, he looked ecstatic. "Mr. Reynolds has really recovered? Jones, did you come up with a method to make the fallen beasts recover?"

“Reynolds has recovered, but the method isn’t what I think up. It’s what ​​His Imperial Highness the Crown Princess thought up." Jones replied.

This matter of restoring the fallen beasts’ beast cores could not be concealed, and there was no need to conceal it either. As for the treatment method, Edgar and company had already discussed it.

This honor was definitely to be given to Shu Shu. Moreover, Shu Shu should be given prominence when this matter was made public.

"Her Imperial Highness the Crown Princess and I have researched a method to help the fallen beasts restore their beast cores, and we’ve even come up with a research direction . . . . We had no way to experiment before, but after crashing onto the Fallen Beast Planet, we got the experimental conditions, and Her Imperial Highness the Crown Princess succeeded. I’m very ashamed because I didn’t help with anything from start to finish.” Jones said.

The medical personnel knew that Jones had been researching a way to restore the fallen beasts’ beast cores. When they saw that Reynolds had recovered, they thought it was the result of Jones’ research. But unexpectedly, Jones actually told them this . . . .

The crown princess was actually so amazing? Wasn’t it said that he was just a sub-beastman who came from a remote planet without learning or skills and could only study in the bridal class?

Rumors really couldn’t be trusted!

"The crown princess can actually discover such a method! It’s really amazing!" The doctor looked at Shu Shu with admiration across his whole face. "I wonder if you can let me learn it? Your Imperial Highness, you can rest assured, I’m willing to be your student."

“Eh?" Shu Shu was somewhat at a loss. This old man wanted to worship him as a teacher?

"I’m afraid that it’s quite difficult." Jones shook his head. "Her Imperial Highness the Crown Princess’ innate skill is healing. Moreover . . . His Little Highness’ eggshell was used to help Reynolds recover."

It turned out to be this way? The matter was actually so troublesome? The doctor looked disappointed but quickly spoke again, "Even so, this is a monumental happy event. I believe that Her Imperial Highness the Crown Princess will definitely go down in history."

He would go down in history? Well, wasn’t he more amazing than Myer then? Shu Shu opened his eyes wide with joy.

However, his joy did not last long before his whole person froze.

Did not know when, but the little snake had climbed to his side by getting into his trouser leg and then crawling along his leg . . . .

Shu Shu absolutely didn't dare to move. Fortunately, Edgar reacted quickly and immediately grabbed the little snake’s tail and pulled him out—he would never allow others to take advantage of his own sub-beastman, even if it was his own son!

"Edgar, you’re so good!" Shu Shu gave Edgar a grateful look and hugged Edgar.

Those people who had come down from the spaceships saw this scene from a distance, and they were extremely moved. The crown princess was really great. He never left even if His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince had become a fallen beast, and he even discovered the method of restoring the beast core!

His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince would definitely recover, and then he would live happily forever with Her Imperial Highness the Crown Princess!