chapter 18 | Love isn't a choice

'YOUR P.O.V'

"Koya," I giggle while shaking his favorite toy above his head, watching him jumping up and down to attempt biting into it or hitting it with his tiny paws. I straighten up to get it a bit higher and out of his reach, but then throw it far away in the grass to see him running through the yard to go and get it like a mad puppy.

Once he catches it, he bites into it to keep the noisy toy in his mouth and runs back to me with all his fluffy and long hair blown in the wind. As soon as he comes up to my level, he gets on two legs and keeps his balance on my calves, to give me his item. I take it in a gentle manner and turn to the right, to get ready to throw it but pretend to do it to trick this cute baby.

He runs away for only a short distance, then dead stops, to whirl around all excitedly and stare at me with an adorable questioning look as if he understood what I just did. I laugh at his reaction but pitch the toy for him to play again.

He's the loveliest puppy ever.

As I was worrying about Jungkook who left the house a long moment ago, someone rings the doorbell. I don't let Koya all by himself as he's still enjoying the game and coming back to me, but I take him in my arms once he's close to me, to carry him into the house and put him down onto the floor.

I leave him alone for a minute, for me to go check who's waiting at the front door of the house. I don't open at first, recalling what Jungkook told me about people coming here and how careful I should be from now on, I take a peek at the person by looking through the peephole but see someone I didn't expect to be here so soon.

I don't hesitate before opening the door but still make sure to not do it to the full. "What are you doing here Jaemin...?"

"Y/n..." he steps forth towards me, pushing the door to come in and close it behind him without asking, but take me in his arms tightly. He sobs with his head against mine, setting me in a certain awkwardness, not knowing how to react to it. "Jaemin...what's wrong...?" my heart races at the thought of Jungkook being in trouble or worse.

No answers escaping from his mouth, he gets down on his knees before me. "Y/n...I know Jungkook told me not to talk about this but...everything is my fault...I lied to you and I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry y/n..."

"What...?" I frown but step back, finding myself lost with fright. He keeps his head down, to let his tears hit the ground. "I lied about this whole thing...I just...I was mad as fuck because of Jungkook and what you said to him about me...I'm so sorry y/n I didn't know this would end that way..."

My breathing hastens at the sound of his words revealing the worst, I cannot even believe this is reality, I must be having a nightmare in another one. My life is a mess and this keeps on getting harder every day.

"What the fuck are you talking about Jaemin?" some water fills my eyes gradually, the pain from imagining my best friend betraying me in the most disgusting manner hurting me. He lifts his head up to look into my eyes, with his puffy and red ones. "I...I'm the one who showed those videos to Hashley...but that was only because of how much Jungkook hurt me with his words...! We fought and I thought he wasn't serious at first but he told me that you talked about us and the relationship we had together...! It hurt me like hell when I heard him saying that I wasn't good enough for you in bed and that I never able to pleasure you the way you deserve it...I got so mad that when Hashley talked about the fight she had with him...I acted on the spur of the moment and did something bad...I'm so sorry y/n..." he cries heavily, revealing things I didn't even know about. "I was just jealous..."

Jealous? This is totally making me lose my mind.

"Why did Jungkook say those things? I can't believe that he would say that for no reason," I remain skeptical about his words that might be only lies to find for himself an excuse for the things he did. He truly disgusts me. "He did it because...I was just joking with him by texts and he got mad as hell—"