Seven: Jin

May 12, 2019
Chicago, Illinois

"She went home," Taehyung says, as if it was obvious

"She just...went home?" Hoseok asks.

He speaks for the whole groups when he asks this, especially with the confused tone to his voice.

"of course she went home," Namjoon says through his mouthful of waffles. "She's underage. Legally, she wasn't even allowed to be out past midnight. And we weren't allowed to bring her back to the hotel without her parents' permission, so she had to call them and ask if she could come back with us and everything."

"She had to call and have someone pick her up, too," Taehyung says.

"Well," Jungkook sighs out in exasperation. "Thank God my soulmate is twenty-three."

Taehyung rolls his eyes.

"They had to make some adjustments to the contract, too," Namjoon tells us. "Taehyung had to sign one as well."

"Wait, seriously?" Jungkook's eyes are wide and round when he says this, completely unable to comprehend the situation. I roll my eyes. He acts like he wasn't underage less than five years ago.

"Of course he did, you idiot," I say. "Their relationship is illegal. In both countries!"

"What were the adjustments?" Jimin asks.

Taehyung sighs. "We can't show any kind of physical affection or skin ship until she's eighteen, just in case they decide to release a legal statement early to protect my image. So, like, no holding hands, no hugging, things like that. We can't kiss each other until she's nineteen, and—"

The man cuts himself off, looking over to Namjoon for permission. When the leaders nods, Taehyung's cheeks turn bright red and he looks down at his breakfast plate.

"No sexual activity of any kind until she's twenty," he mumbles. "They're also going to monitor all of our text messages, phone calls, videos calls, everything until she's nineteen. And we can't be alone together. Until she's twenty, that is."

Jungkook scoffs. "That's stupid. It's not like you guys chose to meet when she was still underage. You guys didn't even choose each other! All the rules don't make sense to me."

"It's illegal, Jungkook," Taehyung says obviously.

"There shouldn't be laws against that stuff! Not for soulmates!"

"It's not a big deal, JK," Taehyung mumbles. "We don't even know each other. I wouldn't sleep with someone I don't know, especially if she's underage."

"Whatever," the maknae huffs out. He continues to eat his breakfast in silence.

"When's she turn eighteen?" Yoongi asks.

"Like, four months," Taehyung answers around his pancakes. "Her birthday is in August, so..."

"Oh, so that's not too bad."

"The guy's still gonna be a virgin for two years, though," Jungkook says loudly.

Everyone is silent.

"Jungkook..." Taehyung whines, covering his cherry red face. "Don't say things like that."

"Yeah, don't you remember? He lost his virginity at fourteen," Namjoon teases.

I snort at that.

Taehyung covers his face with his shirt. "Can you stop, please? It's been years since that rumor spread."