Ch. 54 - A Feverish Realization

A/N: Yeah so this fic is definitely going on hiatus. Since I'm spending all my time on the Christmas special and I don't know how long this rewrite will take or how much I'll change, updates are definitely gonna stop for a little while. Hopefully not long though, as I'm officially going on winter break today. I prepped so many chapters in advance so this wouldn't happen, but now that we're getting close to the chapters I'm rewriting I have no choice but to stop updating for a bit if I want to give y'all a quality romance 😭

A lot of pictures this chapter. 😉

----------

"...Midoriya?"

Hitomi approached the curly-haired boy, whose back was facing her. He didn't respond to her call, which was a little odd. He would usually warmly reply, so it threw Hitomi off, to say the least.

"Midoriya? Is everything okay?" She placed a hand on his shoulder, trying to get his attention. The moment she touched his shoulder, he fell to the ground abruptly, his arms wrapped in splints.

Hitomi blinked, suddenly back at the training camp, in the same clothes from when it was attacked. The thick smell of smoke hit her like a freight train, practically throwing her off her feet.

What?

The panic and distress came rushing back as she stared at Midoriya's broken body on the ground, rushing to help him. "Midoriya!"

The moment she touched him though, she blinked and she was back in America, back in her 12 year old body. Back at the outdoor shopping mall.

Back when Nari got her scar.

Hitomi found herself on the ground, a distance away from Nari and the villain, his claws threatening to slice her.

She tried to will her body to move, but she was frozen. Nari saw her out of the corner of her eye, her head craning to look at the bluenette as the villain's claw poked her neck, blood dripping down her skin.

"H...Hitomi..."

Silver eyes widened in horror as Hitomi finally, finally moved her arm to reach out, desperate to save her friend.

"W-

WAIT-!"

She blinked again to see she was back at training camp, her arm still outstretched. But who was she reaching for?

"KACCHAN!"

Hitomi looked behind her to see Midoriya running in her direction, his arms wrapped in the splints she saw just moments before. She turned to face forward abruptly, realizing Bakugou was right in front of her. The villain's hand was wrapped around his neck, slowly pulling him through the portal as if to taunt her.

Get up, GET UP!

MOVE!

She sprang up from the ground, her legs moving forward as she tried reaching for him.

"BAKUGOU!"

Before she could even touch him, he was pulled through the portal, it disappearing completely as she fell to the ground.

"Bakugou..."

No. No, no, no, NO!

"...Kanetsukabe-san..."

Hitomi paused, slowly turning her head to see Midoriya on the ground behind her. His voice came out strained, Hitomi surprised by the glare on his face.