Episode 64

Jake's talking with Scarlett, Jake and Taylor when he sees Mia standing over in the corner. He stands up to go talk to her when Scarlett gives him a confused expression. He looks down at her with a small smile. "I'll be right back."

Scarlett nods with a small smile. "Okay." She goes back to talking with Joe and Taylor.

He walks over to Mia and gives her a smile laced with all kinds of sympathy. "Hey."

She looks over at Jake and forces a small smile. "Hey."

"How are you?"

"Fine."

He nods. "That's good." He looks out where everyone's dancing and stands there beside her in awkward silence.

She quickly turns to look at him. "You're not going to be all overly concerned about me now, are you? Cause honestly, that's what I was trying to avoid. I thought you would be the one person that wouldn't care so much."

"Gee, thanks." He looks down at the ground.

"No, I just mean...we don't know each other very well so I thought if I told you...I don't know...I just thought it would be easier for you to move on from it than it would be if I told Scarlett."

He nods in understanding and looks straight ahead, noticing Logan by the refreshment table. "So, why not tell him?"

She follows his stare over to Logan. "Logan?"

He nods and looks back at her with curiosity.

"I don't know...probably the same reason I didn't tell Scarlett." She looks back at Jake.

He nods and shows a small smile towards her before starring back out at the crowd of people.

She stands there for a moment before turning to him with curious eyes. "You are going to be able to move on...right? Because that's kind of the reason why I told you...so I could move on...but that's going to be kind of hard to do if the only thing you can think about every time you see me is-"

"-So...in other words you'd just rather I forgot about the whole thing."

She nods with a small smile, grateful for his understanding. "That would be great, yeah."

He nods once with a smile. "Forgotten."

She smiles just before someone comes up behind her and holds a drink out in front of her.

"What's forgotten?"

She quickly turns around to face Logan with wide worry-filled eyes.

Mia stares at Logan with worried eyes. "Uh..."

Jake shrugs with a small smile. "Don't know, it's already forgotten." He snickers and looks down at Mia.

She turns to him with a smile, grateful for the save.

"I better get back to Sel. I'll see you guys later?" Jake says with a small smile.

She nods. "Yeah."

Logan nods towards Jake with a small smile as Jake turns and walks back to the sofas. He looks down at Mia with unconvinced eyes. "Everything okay?"

"Everything's great." She shows a small reassuring smile and takes a sip of her drink.

~~~

Hours later, most of the people have left the party and Scarlett is going around her house with a large garbage bag picking up trash.

Dani says good bye to some people from school and walks over to Scarlett with a small smile. "Thank you again for putting all of this together."

Scarlett lowers the garbage bag and looks at her with a smile. "It was nothing, hun. I just hope you had a good time."