05 | s p l a s h

{I} t was the weekend. Finally.

We were going to and ask some upperclassmen if they had any swim suits we could borrow for tomorrow.

Now the lake was known to be quite cold, but since it was a warm day, we were hoping to have some luck.

Draco tried to weasel out by just wearing some shorts, but I insisted that if we were to make a whole day out of it, to put everything into it.

Apparently, Hermione had already brought some— she was a whole new level of prepared— and Ron and Harry could borrow from the twins. Who knows what they did in those, though.

Currently, clearing my throat in attempt to not get too nervous. "Sorry, does anyone have a swimsuit I could borrow?"

Silence.

I rolled my eyes, "Come on, now. Please?"

A third year stood up and took my hand, leading me upstairs. "I might have something that fits," she winked. 

She ruffled through her bag, pulling out a green— obviously— lump of cloth victoriously. When she shook the clothes out, my eyes widened.

"Oh."

~~

Draco and I went first, since Harry just sent Hedwing to tell us that they were going to be a bit late.

"Come on Dracoooo!" I beamed as we made out way down to the lake.

I was wearing his jacket over my swimsuit, which I had stole a month ago and never returned. He was just wearing his trunks, and had a towel casted on his shoulder.

"Is that mine?" He asked.

"Maybe."

I set down the blanket I brought on the sand, and Draco jumped down. I had also brought some snacks from the kitchen, but unfortunately could not find the cliche picnic basket. "The water's too cold," He whined.

"When are Harry and Hermione coming?" I asked out loud.

"Ugh." He pouted to himself until snatching a cookie from my plate.

"Behave." I warned him.

"Yes, ma'am." He saluted sarcastically.

"Was the water that cold?"

"Yes!" he exclaimed, taking another cookie for himself.

"Drama queen."

"Shut up."

He didn't gel his hair today, since there was no point in doing so when the water was going to wash it off anyways.

"I like this look." I scuffled his hair, despite his protests.

"Oi!" a familiar voice called out.

"Harry! Hermione!" I greeted. "Ron."

Hermione sat by me, also wearing a hoodie above her swim suit. "What did you wear?"

My face might or might not have blushed. "Just something an upperclassmen lent me."

"Oh?"

"Are you guys done?" Harry grinned, "Let's go swimming!"

I laughed at his excitement. Harry pushed Ron in the water, and Hermione took off her hoodie. She was wearing a cute black one piece that accentuated her curves.