Chapter 10

I turned my head and faced a man who seemed to be in his late thirties. He was bald and looked like he didn't leave the house very often. His skin looked weirdly pale like a zombie. Dark brown eyes looked me up and down while I silently got of the bike I still sat on. Reagan and Marco stood on both of my sides what made me feel protected somehow.

"Ms. Chase, shouldn't you know who is in charge here? It's definitely not you as far as I know..." he raised one of his barely existing eyebrows and I had to hold back a gagging noise.

I felt how a hand grabbed mine softly and our fingers intervened. I looked down to Reagan's hand and then up to the stunning woman who stood in front of me protective. She had a cold stare in her eyes what made every nerve in my body send a warning sign to my head.

"She's none of your business, Mr. Loreno. We just wanted to leave anyways. I don't race this week." Reagan stated and glared at Marco to make a move towards the exit of the factory.

"Then why are you here? Making sure Marco isn't doing something dump with your little bird over here?" Reagan said nothing when the man eyed me again but tilting his head this time.

"Like I said before, you couldn't care less about what I'm doing during my free time." The brunette muttered loud enough for everybody to hear what she said.

The man continued to speak anyways and took a step closer what made the three of us move towards the exit even more
"I missed your presence at the meeting. You really thought I wouldn't notice that my most precious diamond is missing my spontaneous get together at 3:00am?"

"This has nothing to do with now! Come on guys. Let's go." Reagan forcefully shoved us out through the doors that fell shut behind us. To my surprise didn't the man follow us, but instead you could hear his laugh echoing through the empty parking lots.

Reagan hold on to my hand as if she would fear to never do that again. It kinda hurt but I didn't say a word since I sensed how distressed she looked. Something definitely wasn't going the right way.

When we got to Marcos car she opened the door for me and I climbed into the SUV quickly before the door fell shut behind me. Reagan jogged around the car and than sat in the back seats with me while Marco drove away from the buildings in the middle of no where.

Reagan grabbed my hand again but much more gentle than before. She gazed out of the window and muttered something about a close call to herself.
"Can you please explain me what just happened there?" I finally asked after minutes of driving through the forest.

Reagan looked up and to me, she gave me a soft smile what made my heart melt instantly.
"He's my boss, don't trust him. Don't talk to him, he will use everything you say against you. Don't ever go to the track without me. Marco doesn't know when Mr. Loreno is there, but I do."

"He is unpredictable, not trustworthy, a bad person and he doesn't care a shit about anyone. He wants to seduce you and does whatever he wants." Reagan finished her small speech and the car was silent again.

I looked out, the trees were passing by quickly. Almost as fast as my thoughts that were rushing through my brain with 200m/ph. Reagan still had my hand laying in her lap. She caressed it softly what gave me major goosebumps all over my body.

"I heard you had some problems with Silas?" I raised an eyebrow at Reagan when she suddenly spoke up again afyer some minutes. Marco kept his mouth shut the whole ride what made me frown a bit.
"How do you know about that?" I asked.

"We aren't to many people at the track, if one is upset about something others will know about it." Reagan said unusual softly. Her fingers tickled when they slowly moved over the palm of my hand. I had to laugh a bit.