Chapter Thirty Six

Just a warning that it gets very dark over the next couple chapters. I felt pretty unwell writing it, actually. I tried not to put any of the details and will never actually explicitly describe what happened but yeah. Ick. I promise this will be the worst thing that happens and it gets gradually better from here on out (with a few bumps in the road). 

Does nonconsensual artificial insemination count as rape? For some strange reason, there don't seem to be many cases of that. Feel free to give your opinion.  

There's also anti-religious content. Keep in mind it's coming mainly from a villain but to be honest I feel like he's asking questions we've all thought at some point or another. Sorry if anyone finds it offensive, I just thought it fit well with the themes.

"You abandoned your post for a fucking BOOTYCALL??" Dabi howled, brandishing his arms at a very confused Twice. The villain had texted him an hour ago to ask if he could take over because of an emergency. When Dabi arrived Maeve was already through the front door.

"Dabi, booty call doesn't do it justice, you should've seen her, the most beautiful woman- she was a hag- actually, you can't see her, look and understand-" Twice brought up a nude on his phone, which Dabi ignored. 

"Anyway, what was the harm? Maeve wouldn't even be able to make it to the other end of the room, escaping is way beyond her."

Dabi opened and closed his mouth several times in disbelief, running a stapled hand through his hair.

"Newsflash, wackjob. She was faking it and almost blew the entire operation."

Maeve, who'd been recently strapped back into her chair, coughed and commented innocently,

"In fairness to Twice, I'm a very good actress."

The poor villain looked between them, eyes wide.

"But she was choking up blood and everything-"

"Oh, I do that all the time. Nothing new. I'm definitely sick, I'm just used to pushing past it. One of my many character strengths. I, personally, am glad you put love above league business. Good on you."

Dabi looked like he was about to blow a fuse. He knew Maeve was pushing his buttons purposefully, but it didn't change the fact that it was working.

"Do you even know what a booty call is? You don't, do you?" He asked the girl, his voice pained.

"I think so? His girlfriend needed him for some... Bow chicka wow wow," she said with a Cheshire grin and wiggling eyebrows. 

"Oh my fucking god, you don't," Dabi groaned and seemed to decide he couldn't look at her. The two villains continued arguing, which left Bakugo free to whisper to Maeve.

"I'm going to kill that Icy Hot Bastard. I'm going to kill him. Why would you let him do that to you?"

She glanced at him, surprised. So he'd worked out it was Todoroki. Maeve had no idea what he must be taking from that information.

"It wasn't his fault and a long time ago, don't hold it against him," she whispered back, struggling to find the right words.

"I always thought your relationship was fucking weird," Bakugo hissed, but he didn't seem angry, strangely. More worried.

"Maeve, you know that just because your mum was a shithead doesn't mean you should let others abuse you-"

"I'm not. It's not like that."

"Are you alright? That raisin just fucking murdered someone, did he hurt you?"

They had to quickly break off their conversation when Dabi noticed them whispering. Maeve tried to adjust the man's shirt to cover as much as possible. It was massive on her and the v in the neck let burns peek up over her collar bone. That was the reason she hadn't gotten changed earlier. A constant bonfire scent left her feeling dizzy. The only upside was that Dabi chose his clothes based on how irritating they were on burn scars, so she didn't itch as much.