Chapter # 4

After she left I also stood up and gave Kenneth shoulders a gentle squeeze,

"I am getting married." I said in a feeble voice, knowing there's no escape. A person who can break into my home, he can do anything.

"But, Mum said..." He trailed off.

"Don't mind her. Nothing could change the fact that I am getting married." I passed him a faint smile, trying to hide my pain.

"Do you love him?" He asked innocently. My heart was torn to pieces when I heard it, bearing the crumbled dreams inside me.

"Mhm." I nodded and stood up and left without saying another word.

I was amazed at Mother about how she can smile even after the havoc had just happened. I couldn't be able to speak in front of Kenneth and she kept herself together.

I excused myself and went to my room to think about it with a clear mind, what could be the reason for this happening to me.

'He looked like an aristocrat, how could he possibly know a low girl like me and moreover marriage?'

After thinking one thing is roaming in my mind, I am being forced into a loveless marriage.

I just want to run. Run far far away. I feel so pathetic.

I couldn't do a single thing in front of him. Overwhelmed by emotions, I let him do whatever he wants, No being able to do anything but obey is frustrating me.

What I used to dream and what I get is a complete opposite. I wanted to marry a person I love, I care about not a person I have the urges to kill.

"Dammit..."

I closed the door behind me and locked it as I fell on the ground. I stare at the floor without any emotions.

Is my life so cheap that it took a mere second to bond with some stranger?

What turn my life has taken?

Just yesterday I was running around the house chasing my brother because he ate my chocolates. What is mum going to do?

"Papa, please help me... I can't do this.."

I know she won't let this marriage happen but I don't think it's gonna change something. I am afraid of what he could do.

As I was sitting like a lifeless body, my breath suddenly hitched as the truck of realization hit me.

He is Raymond Smith.

I suddenly remembered his name.

"What the- Please say this is a sick joke. It can't be him."

I opened my phone and searched for his name, if I recall correctly.... It was him!

Of all people, him! Oh my God. Oh no...

"R..Raymond.. Smith.." And by now I had utter faith that his words are my future. I could never fight him.

Raymond Smith is one of the most successful and young business men, the handsome beast people never urged to cross paths with and mine did. A billionaire, owning Smith airlines, A guy living in the air, consisting of coldness- ruthlessness.

That man said so himself,

"I get what I want"

..and now he wants me.

"What do we do? What do we do?" I panicked, throwing my phone away.

We can't fight someone as powerful as him. How in the world did he meet me?

How did the thought of marrying me cross his mind? I know one thing, I am stuck in a very dire situation.

At night I went to Mum's room to talk to her about it, to tell her about the vicious man casting darkness over our lives.

"Mum..." I called her vaguely, entering with exhausted eyes.

"Yes, dear?" Mum mused, lost in her own thoughts.

"We can't do anything.." I said in a low voice, utterly defeated.

"What is it?" My mom worriedly asked why as she had never seen me this weak before. I was never like this, he broke me. I hate him, I resent him with each fiber of my core.

"Mum.. He is Raymond Smith..." I showed his information I could find online to my mom. My mom smiled at me and said,

"I know who he is... but I also know my Violet, who isn't scared of anything." She said, trying to cheer me up.

"But, Mum, can't you see how he entered our home, how he shook our lives? Do you need more displays?" I asked, losing my patience, my strength.

"This doesn't mean we will stay quiet because of his fear, We cannot surrender. My Violet won't lose, I can't let it. I am sure she isn't thinking of giving up."

"But-" I tried to speak but she refused to listen.

"No, Love. I cannot watch us lose before trying. He cannot ruin our lives as toys, we can't let this happen." She whispered, my heart clenched, knowing she was right. He cannot raise our happiness.

"You cannot lose faith, My Violet is not like this, she is more powerful than some rich bastard. She must have been thinking of making him regret his decision. Am I wrong?"

She asked, holding me, providing me equanimity. My mother's words suddenly encouraged me. I opened my mouth to argue but I knew I had to do something.

That's right! Me is me. I am not going to lose hope.

"You Are right... we cannot stay quiet." I nodded timidly.

"If we surrender, I cannot meet your Father's gaze. We can't. We have to fight." She whispered, I narrowed my eyes, nodding.

"You are right, We have to." I nodded, determined by her words cheering my spirits.

I won't let him get his way, I have to break boundaries if I want to liberate myself from him. I would never allow things to go the way he desired them. I won't. I won't.

I took a deep breath and smiled and hugged her.

"Thanks...Mum" My mum smiled and said,

"I know the police can't do a thing...but we can..."

"How?" I asked, pulling away.

"Wait, my love." My mum kissed my forehead as I slept with my mother.