Chapter Thirty-three

This chapter is dedicated to Scintillahx for her amazing support. All your votes and lovely comments made my day! I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate you!! Thank you so much! :)

***

I have updated TWO CHAPTERS back to back, so make sure to read both.

I wake up with a throbbing head and dread opening my eyes. Liam is still wrapped around me, breathing softly into the back of my neck. I resist the urge to snuggle back against him and fall back asleep. I slowly reach for my phone, so I don't wake him up. It's 6 A.M. Jeez, It's early. But I need to take a shower and go home to get my things, so I don't really have a lot of time to spare. My heart suddenly jolts, and warmth spreads across my chest when I recall what happened last night. The way Liam took care of me, the way he held and kissed me, the way he looked at me, the things he said.

I slowly turn around, so we are face to face, and I watch him sleep for a minute like a little creep. I study his features, my eyes roaming over his handsome face. He looks so peaceful, with plumped lips slightly parted and the messy morning hair. Last week this time, I thought I'd never be in his arms again. My heart momentarily aches as I recall the past few days and how much it hurt to be without him. I don't know how I will survive it if he hurts me like that again. Just the thought of it is terrifying.

I take a deep breath and decide to start the day on a positive note, pushing my doubts and fear under the rug for now. Before climbing out of bed, I can't help but softly press my lips against his.

"Baby?" He mumbles against my lips.

I instantly pull back, but he wraps his arms around me, pulling me tight against him. With the way we're pressed against each other, I can feel his steady heartbeat, and it somehow helps calm my nerves as I soak in his warmth.

"You okay?" He asks, his voice thick with sleep.

"Yeah. Just a little headache." I whisper, not wanting to fully awaken him. "I'm gonna go take a shower, okay?"

"Hmm." He kisses my forehead, and I hesitantly wiggle out of his hold.

In the shower, I take my time enjoying the hot stream of water. I briefly imagine what it would be like to take a shower with Liam and blush profusely under the water. My mind immediately goes to the day I spent a night here and the things he did to me with his tongue. And that is my cue to get out of the shower.

I warp a towel around my body and step into the bedroom. Liam is no longer in bed. I quickly change into my clothes, hating how much they reek of beer and cigarette smoke. So much for taking a shower.

I grab my phone before heading down and find a few missed calls and a voicemail from mom.

Shit! Didn't I say I was sleeping over at Steff's? I don't think I did. I take a calming breath before playing the voice.