Chapter 5

Camila's P.O.V

I just walked into the diner, Normani's, it was my favorite place to eat, they made the best Spicy chicken wings and pizza ever, I LOVE PIZZA. Also the owner Normani was one of my closest friends.

I was starving and even though dad said that I shouldn't eat pizza for breakfast, I didn't care. I wanted my pizza. I placed my order and sat down to wait. As I sat, I began to think ...again. Ever since 4 days ago all I have done is think...about Shawn and our relationship...was it even a relationship yet?...why did I not feel it was right?...surprisingly I also thought about Lauren, although I didn't know why, I felt like talking to her, I must be going insane, wanting to talk to a stuck-up and rude cop. I frowned, thinking of her made me so angry.

I looked down to my left arm, it was red and was slowly turning blue, it hurt but not that much. And it was all because of that stupid Lauren when she pushed me at Shawn's house, I fell onto the the book shelf and my arm connected with the edge. Insensitive bitch didn't even look back. What was she even doing there in the first place?

Suddenly my phone vibrated, I got a message from my mum. Why was she messaging me now? She and Sofi left for New York the day after I met Shawn, they went to see Dinah and her granny, like I said our families were very close. I used to spend so much time with Dinah and her granny, her granny knew all my secrets, everytime I was sad or confused, I would talk to her and she would give me advice. Also she made the tastiest desserts, she even introduced me to my now favourite snack ever, nutella bananas. I laughed thinking about all those memories. I was upset I couldn't leave and see her because my dad made the rules and he insisted I stay and spend time with Shawn.

I opened the message

Sinu: Camila, how are you?

Camila: I am good mum, just getting breakfast. Hows New York and DJs grandmother?

Sinu: Camila, thats what I wanted to talk to you about...

I was starting to worry, what was she going to say.

Camila: Mum, what do you mean?

Sinu: Mila, I am so sorry....

My heart sank, this could only mean...no I don't believe her.

Camila: Mum what is going on?!

Sinu: Dinah's grandmother passed away this morning...

Tears were welling up in my eyes, this could not be true, how must Dinah be feeling.

Camila: Mum...I don't know what to say...How is Dinah taking all of this?

Sinu: Mija, I also have something else to tell you...I am so sorry mija I know she was your friend and she was like a daughter to me too but....

I let out even more tears...Why is my mum saying that?, Why is saying Dinah "was" my friend?

Camila: Mum can u just tell me what you are trying to say?!

Sinu: This morning when Dinah found out about her granny, she was heartbroken, you know how much she loved her. She ran out of the hospital and onto the road, out of nowhere a car came and I am so sorry mija...she is gone...

"She is gone" these words played on repeat in my head...

Camila: No is this some kind of sick joke!Then not funny DJ I know its you, I am gonna get you back for this"

I laughed with tears pouring down my face, she had to be joking with me, this is low even for dinah.

Sinu: Camila Cabello this your mother, I am serious mija...I know this is hard and honestly I can't imagine how you must feel...Can I call you mija?