PROLOGUE

[09-26-2020] This chapter has been re-written in third-person perspective. If you encounter a chapter where it's not written in third-person, most likely that story hasn't be re-edited yet.

------------------------------

GLOSS SCHLUND

"Honey, we really need to live with them." Her mother said as she put her clothes in the luggage. Their things were already in the boxes. They had a total of 15 boxes. "I'm now married. You have a new father. Well, step-father. Anyway, he's very nice, so please, don't be stubborn bran and pack your clothes." She pleaded with her green eyes, and Gloss couldn't say no to that look.

Gloss didn't want to go and leave the town because he didn't want to leave the fame – his popularity. In fact, his popularity could help them. Gloss was offered a scholarship, but he had to stay in the school where he was studying. But they were moving, and the place was too damn far. He didn't want to leave his friends as well – well, his girlfriend. Girlfriends.

At the same time, he didn't want to disappoint his mom.

She had made an offer. Gloss could stay here, keep his things here, but he would only by himself with no backup or monthly saving. Her mom wasn't blackmailing him; she even asked if he wanted to stay at his current home or stay at his friend's house – that is if they were going to let him. But at the same time, he wanted to meet his new father, or step-father. Whatever. He didn't want to judge him. Whether that guy was rich or not, his current status, it didn't matter. Gloss only wanted for that man to treat his mother right. He wanted to know if the guy was a prick, and by accomplishing those, he needed to go with her. Additionally, he wasn't going to live her alone. Gloss loved his mother too much to do that.

"Okay, mom." Gloss said, hugging his mother real tight. "Love you."

"Love you, too, honey." She chortled happily. "Enough of this drama, pack your clothes now. We will be leaving in 3 hours. The trucks will be here in an hour, okay?" Gloss nodded and gave her a smile. A smile that could make her mother laugh. As expected, he got what he intended to receive and his mother rolled her eyes at her son.

Taking a step backwards, Gloss turned around and went straight to his room. His mother was right. They couldn't live just like this. Before, he actually had a dream – he would get a job to support himself and his mother, but that wasn't right. His mother didn't want him to work at an early age. She only wanted him to focus on his studies and have fun, just like what the kids his age usually did. Her mother barely went to her friends to have fun since she had to work to get money for their basic needs – mainly food.

Sighing, Gloss picked up the big luggage that was resting on the corner of his room. His room was full of dust. You could practically see it as it moved through the air, caused by the sun that was passing through the open windows. Going over his closet, he opened it and grabbed his clothes, putting it inside his luggage. While doing it, Gloss thought of the things he's going to miss – his friends, the school, the ladies, soccer. And at the last thought, he already missed soccer.

After packing for 20 minutes, he went to his mother's room and asked her if he could play soccer with his friends for one last time. His mother told him that he could play with them, but he needed to be home within an hour so they could prepare. Gloss agreed and texted his friends immediately: Tony, Rob, Joey, and Homer.

They met up at the school's soccer field. He was surely going to miss this place. Tony was handling the ball, and Gloss told them that he had an hour to play with them. The boys were a bit sad, knowing their friend was going to move away and live in a new house farther from them, but all they could do was nod, and then they played soccer.