5. The Letter

The king opened the letter, and the content inside of it was not very surprising. They asked for an explanation for this new prince, who was just titled. They couldn't believe it, the Legendary Serpent King? Who didn't know that the descendants of the Legendary beings were gone after the war? Although there maybe one or two left, it was still very rare. The implication of it was: We want to meet him.

The King sneered, they wanted to meet him? Do they even have the right?

"After years of pretending to be dead, now they want to make themselves known..."

[The leaders of the four clan?] The baby looked at the furious King.

At the question, the king laughed darkly. "That's right, they want to meet you."

[To kill me?]

"With me here, you won't be hurt." The King said with certainty before continuing, "It seemed like you're quite untrusting of others."

[So do you.] The baby quirked up his brows.

The King looked at the baby in his arms and had the urge to laugh. The mature expression combined with his baby face made an interesting combination. It looked quite funny and...cute.

[What of the leaders?]

"Hmph! They want to meet you and most likely use you. They're all sly, greedy, and selfish. Wanting the best of everything without wanting the consequences. I would've killed them long ago if not for the fact that they still have some uses."

[What will you do?]

The King lifted the corner of his lips and said, "Naturally they won't have their way."

The baby nodded. He felt his head hurting again, and this time, he couldn't help but close his eyes to sleep. In his sleep, he saw scenes after scenes. He could do nothing but watch as he was an outsider.

Vlad remembered now, why everything seemed so familiar. This was a game he played, and currently, he was playing a minor character that was a stepping stone for the heroine. In the original storyline, the King slaughtered his family right after he was born, just as he did after he transmigrated.

The leader of the serpent clan was replaced by the man set by the King. However, the difference was that instead of being raised by the man, he was taken by the King. Which can be considered good.

There was one thing that he didn't understand. Sure, this maybe a game, but then, how could he have the blood of the Legendary Serpent King? The original did not possess this special trait, and he was told that this connected with his soul....