Namjoon

"Do you think he's right about him? About Hoseok just...leaving on his own?" My voice is scratchy and rough from lack of sleep and worry.
Yoongi stands across the room from me, frowning. "I'm sure Jungkook is right but...don't you know your own mate well?"
Unfortunately, I do. Jungkook is most definitely correct about Hoseok just letting Taehyung take him from me. Fuck. How could I be so stupid, so blind? How could I not see this coming...
"Come on, Namjoon. It's not like that. Hoseok didn't leave you. He did it for Jin, obviously. He's been suffering a lot. Feeling lost and unneeded. With Jimin gone...maybe he thought he could finally do something useful."
Cursing, I slam my fist on the desk. "He's never been unuseful! How could he even think that?! How could he do this! How dangerous this is..."
"I think we both know he's past caring about such things." His words are spoken cautiously but not wrong.
I hate it. Hate he's right. I've been so absorbed in all the issues around me that I've neglected the person most important to me, the one closest to my heart. I deserve every fucking thing coming my way. I'll take it all in stride...so long as I can get my mate back safe and sound.
"Have you arranged a meeting yet?"
"With who? Taehyung? He's impossible to reach. When he wants to appear to gloat—he will."
Stupid motherfucker.
"Fine. What about the meeting with our new supplier? Did you trace his background and whereabouts like I asked? I don't want another spy fucking shit up like last time." Scowling at the thought. So much lost because of that stupid bitch brother of mine.
"Yes and he's good. He's just recently set up shop in Korea. Lived in America for the last few decades."
"He's a vampire?"
"Yes. I thought that best. He's not been around to be corrupted by Taehyung or any of our other enemies. He's looking for business partners himself. Goes by the name Shownu." Yoongi goes over his assets and business details to me from his files. "I believe he's trustworthy."
He tosses me the file and I go over it myself. "He doesn't look like a vampire."
"He's twenty seven by human age but he was changed over one hundred years ago. He's more experienced with a lot of business partners we've had in the past but he's stayed in America to build up his own empire. I think connecting both business would be good for both sides."
I agree. "Alright. Did he decide on a meeting location and time yet?" Anxious to get started.
"Tonight at the warehouse. He wants to see everything he will be shipping out and supplying around. It seems reasonable enough and he's suspiciously of us as well. As he should be."
"Fair enough. That's good. At least something good is happening of late." I sigh, closing my eyes and trying to not picture what Taehyung could be doing to my mate. Just to torture me. To spite me.
      Is it wrong to feel betrayed that Hoseok chose my psycho brother instead of just talking to me about how he's feeling? It fucking hurts.
     It's a million times worse than if he was forcefully taken from me but no—he just walked out.
     Just walked away from me. From us. God knows what that decision is costing him right now.
     "What are you thinking about?"
     My eyes snap open. I forgot Yoongi was still here. "I'm thinking...when this is over and I have Hoseok back safely...I'm going to let him go."
     His eyes widen in shock. "What! You can't do that—"
     "He went with Taehyung to get away from me. From here. He doesn't want to be here. Doesn't want to be with me. We've always been a mistake. Time after time again I've only failed him. He deserves better in life. If I can give him that by stepping back and letting him go then...I will do that. For him. It's the only solution I can see." Although the thought of just letting Hoseok slip away from me kills me from the inside. Simmering like poison just under the surface.
      "Namjoon...you can't think like this. I told you—he did it for Jin. It had nothing to do with you."
     "Yeah and that's the problem. He didn't even think or consider me. What this would do to me. He just left without giving any fucks about what I would think or do. He doesn't consider me his protector or mate or anything! I might as well be nothing to him. Just a stranger that steals his blood and body!" I slam my fist on the desk again, pain and anger coursing through me.
      Yoongi frowns, eyeing me. "You aren't thinking rationally."
     I glare at him. "Of fucking course I'm not thinking rationally! My fucking mate just left me for Taehyung! Just ghosted me without a care about my feelings or his own goddamn safety! How am I supposed to be thinking?!"
      "How about stop acting like a fucking heartbroken little girl and man up, huh?" He strikes back. "Maybe do something productive to get him back then talk it over instead of moping and crying here in your office while god only knows what happens to him!" He grabs my collar and hauls me up, slamming me against the wall. "You're a fucking vampire! Act like it!"
     My eyes flash and I bare my teeth, my emotional state an absolute wreck and unprepared for such an attack. I do the only thing in my mind—fight back. Destroy. Forget. Hurt.
      We fight. Growling and biting and punching. Bones break, blood is spilled. My office is completely destroyed as we hash it out, no holds barred.

      By the time it's over neither of us can get up off the floor. The ruined rubble of my desk scattered under us as we try to catch our breaths, groaning under our breaths at the painful wounds slowly closing back up.
      "D-Do you...feel better now?" He gasps, grimacing in pain as his leg snaps back into place.
     I wince, popping my arm back into socket. "Considerably."
     He turns his head lazily to the side and looks at me. And begins to laugh.
     My own lips tremble and before I realize it, I'm laughing with him. We laugh loud and hard, tears spearing my eyes as I let loose and just pour all my jumbled pain into uncontrollable laughter.
      He rolls to his knees and crawls over to me—cursing as he slices up his knees—pulling me into his arms and holding me tightly. I let my head drop onto his shoulder and feel my body begin to shake. More tears overpower the laughter.
      As long as I've known Yoongi our intimacy as never surpassed such a level. I feel ashamed it's come to this but...I suppose that's what love does to you. It changes you. Weakens or strengthens you depending.
     As embarrassed as I am, I know without a doubt that I would be in the same place for Yoongi if he were struggling with his mates. That's what makes our friendship special.
      In our world there is not many that can be trusted. I can trust Yoongi with any and everything and that makes the difference.
     In my world...I've only ever relied on him. My partner in crime. My best friend. My only closest family and ally. He's the only one that will ever see me this broken down. No one else. Not even Hoseok will see me like this.
     "Thank you....thank...you." My voice is barely a whisper.
     "Don't mention it. You'd be here for me and I know that." He pushes me back, holding my shoulders and looking into my eyes. Before I can blink, he darts forward and kisses my lips in a silent vow.
     It's not romantic or lustful. It's simple and the unspoken sealant of a pact between brothers. And I appreciate it completely. Accepting it.
     I grab his neck and return the silent vow to his own lips. Pulling away, we both smile and theres nothing else to say.
     We help each other up and grimace at the room around us.
    He groans. "Jungkook is going to kill me."
    "Scared of your mate?" I tease, frowning at all the ruined paperwork under the remains of my desk.
      He hesitates, glancing at me. "I let him fuck me."
     I choke on my saliva, beyond shocked. "What!?"
    He keeps his gaze steady on me. "I kinda liked it."
     Is he trying to kill me?! I choke again. "Are you fucking with me right now?"
     "Do you think I'm fucking with you right now?"
    "...no. No, I don't. You really let Jungkook fuck you?" I really can't imagine it. It's insane. A strong masculine vampire like Yoongi letting a wolf hybrid take him? Preposterous!
     He sighs, leaning against the wall. "He needed it. The chance to have control and I was willing to give him that."
     I can't feel anything but respect for my friend. "So...you really liked it?" A smirk teasing onto my mouth. Thoroughly amused and distracted.
     He scowls. "Maybe. I won't throw a fit if it happens again." He shrugs.
     "So...he's going to become your master now, huh? Master Jungkook." I laugh.
     He throws a wood shard at me that I barely dodge. "Fuck off."
     "You might like that. Should I be worried you might ask me to fuck you, too?" Snickering. "I'm guessing you like it rough?"
     A ragged piece of glass flies by my head. "In your dreams you pathetic lovesick vampire." He snarls. "I shouldn't have told you."
     Grinning, I make my way over to him and hug him hard. "I'm glad you did. I'm just teasing. I'm happy for you if you are. I don't think there's anything wrong with it." I admit.
     He studies me intently to test if I'm lying. I look back clearly. Honestly. His shoulders slump and he nods. "Thanks, Joon." Relieved.
     "Well...why don't you get you little master and make him help us clean up, huh?" Unable to resist.
     I barely manage to keep my head as a chair leg nearly decapitates me.
     "Fucker!"