3.13

Lucius looked at his hands. His brother had been gone for a while now and he didn't know what to do. Well, he understood that Victor was playing an important role in this future war but, he was worried for him. No matter the grudge that he still held against Victor, this was his brother, someone who had always prioritized his own health before his own.

Growing up without Victor was hard, it was an empty feeling that stayed in his heart. Even as he got older, as he grew more and more, he still wished to see his brother's face, his smile that held a familiar feeling Lucius could never find in anyone else's smile.

"Lucius?" Lucius turned his head towards Ren, his friend. Ren looked at Lucius with a furrow on his brow, his green eyes tinted with worry. Ren was a beta, 18 years old, the two had known each other for 8 years now.

"Sorry, I was zoning out," Lucius smiled faintly as he said this. Taking the paper from Ren's hand, he looked over it. "What are these paper for?"

Ren sat next to Lucius, "Well, glad to know that you're alright. The paper is for a report on recent school bullying. There's been people saying that they've seen three alphas going around and fighting with people. Although it's not known for sure yet, the teachers said that you, as the head of the student council, should see rather we should investigate it first. Also, it's been said that the three alphas are related to Raven Blaxe." As Ren said this, he exhaled a breath pointed at the signature from the head of the school.

Upon hearing Raven's name, Lucius couldn't help it as he began examining the paper closer. "Raven Blaxe?" Reading the information on the paper, Lucius grabbed a pen and signed it.

"So you're agreeing that the members of the student council can begin investigating?" Ren asked once more, just to double check. He was able to see the change in Lucius when he heard Raven's name, but, Ren didn't bother asking.

"Yes, but just be careful. I have a feeling things are much more than what they seem." Lucius replied as he looked at the three pictures on the paper.

"I know, we've been doing this for so long, it's not even strange anymore." Ren still nodded his head as he reassured Lucius though.

As Lucius looked at one of the pictures, it felt as if he could recognize one of the person on there, but he wasn't sure. Lucius read the name. Ray Blaxe. The name sounded familiar, but Lucius couldn't recall from where it was that he had heard of it.

"Your Highness," A call from outside of the doors awoken Lucius from his thoughts.

"Come in," Lucius said, his eyes turning to the door as he gave the paper back to Ren. Ren merely stood off to the side as a man walked in.

"Your Highness, there has been recent news from Prince Victor. The King and King Consort have asked you to come to the study room." The man bowed before he began speaking.

Lucius could feel his mood get better just from hearing that sentence. Taking a quick look at Ren, he was given a nod.

"I will see myself out, Lucius, have fun." Ren said as he walked out the doors after smiling at the attendant.

Lucius stared at the man before him as he began speaking after Ren had gone. Standing up, he said, "Please, lead the way." Saying so, he suddenly had a weird feeling inside his heart as he looked at the man. He felt like he should know who this man was, but he wasn't sure. Then, it clicked, this was Ray Blaxe.

Right as Lucius was about to run, a hand grabbed onto him, a piece of cloth covering his nose and mouth.

"I'm sorry, Your Highness." Ray slowly whispered as he held the unconscious Lucius in his arms. "Please forgive me, I have no other choices." This was the only sentence he could say as he held Lucius in his arms. His own expression broken. "If I don't do this, they might do something even worse to you."