Chapterish 14

I move through the house and finally find the upstairs bathroom empty. Thank god. No wandering couple has decided to use this as a clandestine romp room. Yet.

My shirt catches on my earrings as I pull it off over my head. I toss it in the sink and turn the faucet. A bottle of cherry blossom soap is next to the towel rack. It's in a cute bronze holder with a pineapple design. I look at the towels. Also pineapples.

The door clicks behind me. I look in the mirror over my shoulder and see Brooks smiling at me. God his tight black jeans hang extra low on his waist. Black T-shirt. He's like a dark and even more broody James Dean.

"Came to see if you needed help."

"I'm OK. Shirt is probably ruined." I return my eyes to the sink and to the shirt soaking in it.

"Eh, it looks better in the sink anyway," he says, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. He kisses my neck.

"Brooks," I almost whine. I lean my head back on his chest; I can feel him against me. PG-13 feel.

"Ems," he moans into my hair. I can't resist him.

I stare at the tiny Edge logo on the collar of his sweatshirt. Three cliff tops sliced by a thin straight line. So clean. So distracting.

He spins me to face him and lifts me onto the edge of the sink. He stands between my legs with one of his hands inching up my denim skirt.

"Do you want to go back downstairs," he asks. His fingers are waiting, dancing on my thigh.

I shake my head and lean back until my ponytail finds the mirror to rest.

"That's not an answer," Brooks says quietly. "Do you want to go back downstairs?"

Like dude, we banged three hours ago on his dad's old boat. My skin still smells like him. Well, him and the beer now. The way he's tempting me, waiting. It's like the first time all over again. "I want you to go down," I gulp.

Brooks tilts his head back and laughs so loudly I'm sure everyone downstairs will hear. "Patience," he says, kissing the corner of my lips. "Is." Kiss again. "A virtue."

His intoxication is back and so is mine. He's playful this way and I find I enjoy it. I breathe in his skin as I burrow into his neck. I drop my hands to his jeans and begin to unzip them and he's already pushed my skirt up to my hips.

In one quick movement he's where he belongs. In me.  He grips me by the hips and holds me tightly in place. I don't mind his hands digging into my skin. I don't even mind my ponytail smacking the mirror.

I dig my nails into his hair. Brooks removes a hand from my hip and grips the underside of my thigh, almost my butt. He rams into me on repeat. I have to bite my lip from making noise, something Brooks is smiling at. His lips are on mine again, biting my lip for me.

Our breathing speeds up to mimic the beat of the music below. Strange how sometimes that happens. Maybe it's your body's natural reaction. Brooks gently yanks my hair. I've gotten used to this over the past week. There's something primal about it that drives me wild.

It's exhilarating. Being upstairs only feet away from everyone else at the party. Knowing that everyone else is downstairs, unaware of what we're doing. Or perhaps people have noticed we are both gone together. Maybe they assume what we are up to in the cozy second-floor bathroom with the pineapple soap dish.

Then it's over. Almost as quickly as it starts. My body aches for more. This is just a teaser, a preview if you will, before the main show. Brooks drops his head until his forehead rests against my chest. He takes a step back from the sink and leaves me sitting on the edge.