Chapter 14: Phone

At Lisa's car

As soon as they got their task. The two hurried to get more information about the boy first, and how is the owner of the small noodle restaurant has become the main suspect.

"The time is ticking, but we cannot rush and confront that man to tell us where's this boy.", Jieun muttered while taking in a deep breath. Lisa looked at her through the mirror.

"And we're not even sure if the boy is still alive or not for us to take that risk.", Lisa replied, gripping at the wheels looking worried.

Jieun nods in agreement. "The boy was last seen going out of school. Students get involve at some fucked up life inside that four corners of their room. Without anyone having to notice that. It's like they have their own society when they're out there. But it's unusual for a random store owner to have some beef with a student unless it involves their own children.", Lisa added. That taken Jieun by surprise, seeing the serious side of the girl.

"But that man does not have a child. He's living alone. And manage his own business all by himself.", Jieun mumbled, crossing her arms and sighing.

"He was the last person the witnesses saw arguing with the kid. But who knows what happened before that, so let us check his school first.", Lisa said and added more speed to her car. Rushing to get to their destination as soon as possible.

-------

When they've arrived at the school they went straight to the guidance office asking permission to asks some of the students.

They were given that permission only if the wouldn't force the students to give answers. Jieun and Lisa also agree.

After they're permitted, the two goes to the boy's classroom. And got a chance to ask his classmates about him, they've gotten new information but none of it involves the owner of the noodle restaurant.

They went outside the corridor after getting to talk to some of his classmates that are willing to give information about him.

Lisa crosses her arms, her mouth puckered, and brows furrowed thinking of new information they got.

"This boy, Sang-chul. He's popular. But in a bad way.", Lisa said as she puts both her hand on her waist.

"There's a lot of students who accused him of bullying. No wonder he's missing. Someone had enough of him.", Jieun smirked as she shrugs her shoulder.

"Yah? What's with that smirk?", Lisa asks pouting her lips.

"You're naive and you won't understand even if I tell you" Jieun replied, rolling her eyes off the latter before she starts walking through the hallway and leaving the student's room.

Lisa followed and walk beside her.

"I'm not naive. I just have a good heart.", Lisa reasoned while tapping her chest.

"You trust people easily. Thinking everyone has something good in them. But you're wrong, there are people that are pure evil that you will never find something good in them. And as a cop, I had encountered many of them." Jieun scoffed, without sparing a glance on her as they walk.

"Yes, you're right but I trust my judgment. Maybe I'm kinda poor with that, so you see me as naive, but I would still give people a chance until I find something good in them.", Lisa said smiling and walking slower so she can walk at the same pace as Jieun. But Jieun noticed it knowing the girl has longer legs than her, her brows furrowed huffing before adding speed to her steps. Leaving Lisa with slightly shaking her head as she smiles.

------

Both stops in front of Lisa's car, eyes wide in shock. As they saw Lisa's tires are all flat.