Chapter 36

Some parts of this chapter do follow the original plot from the movie, not entirely, but some of it does. Thank you everyone and enjoy!
------------------------------
Harry's POV

Bellatrix ran from the room right as Draco's body collapsed to the floor. No one followed her, everyone was too concerned with the people that were injured.
Hermione, Ron, a couple of the other Order members, and Draco.

"Draco! Please! Can you hear me?" Draco laid on the floor of a room in the ministry. I didn't know what room it was or even what it was used for.

His face is pale and all together just empty.
If we weren't in an awful predicament, then I would say he looked peaceful. Void of any emotion, but it wasn't a good situation. It's horrible. He could be dead for all I knew.

His body is frozen. No sign of immediate life. I couldn't tell if he had a pulse or if he's even still alive.

I don't know what happened. One minute we were fighting, side by side. The next thing I knew he ran over to Sirius and shoved him out of the way from a spell that Bellatrix threw at him.

"Draco! No, please. I can't lose you! You're the only reason why I'm still alive! The only reason why I continue fighting. You can't leave me here alone!" I screamed and grabbed him by his shoulders shaking him, hoping it would wake him up.

"Damnit! Wake up!" Tears flooded down my face. Some even fell and landed on Draco's cold pale skin.

"Harry!" Sirius shouted and put his hands over mine to stop me from shaking Draco.

"No! No! He can't be gone! I need him. I love him! Why is it that everything that I care about always gets stripped away from me?!"

Sirius held me tight as I sobbed next to Draco's frozen body.

He's gone. He's not coming back to me. He's dead.

"I killed Draco Malfoy!" A cruel disgusting laugh called down a hallway not far from here.

All of a sudden, anger pierced through my body.

It's Bellatrix's fault. She killed him. Draco's dead and it's all her fault.

I stood up and wiped the tears from my eyes before heading in the same direction as Bellatrix.

"Harry!" Sirius called, but I ignored him.

I raced down the corridors where I found Bellatrix. She saw me and started running away.

"I killed Draco Malfoy!" She repeated. "You comin' to get me?!" She laughed sadistically.

My blood boiled. She killed her own family! The person I love! How could she?

"Crucio!" I shouted at her. The spell just barely hit her and she collapsed to the floor.

I made it over to her and hovered over her. Bellatrix's lips trembled.

She's scared. I can see it written all over her face.

We ended up in the entryway to the ministry. There were several fireplaces on both side of us, none active or in use.

The words were on my tongue. I knew what to say, but could I do it? Would Draco want this? I mean, she deserves it, right?

"You've got to mean it, Harry." A voice so close to me, yet so far away said. I recognized the voice instantly.
Voldemort. "She killed him. She deserves it." He said.

My neck flexed on reflex. I knew he was clawing his way into my mind, taunting me. I couldn't let him. My scar prickled, confirming his close proximity to me.

"You know the spell, Harry." He whispered.

She deserves it. Every last bit of it. She deserves to suffer like I've suffered, like Sirius, Draco, and everyone else that suffered at not only her hands, but Voldemort's as well.

Wait-no. What am I saying? As much as I want her to suffer for what she did, it's not right. He's playing with me.

The feeling inside my head vanished slightly, but a new presence had formed beside me. It was completely dark and looked like smoke, filled with true evil.

Voldemort's snake-like face and blood red eyes appeared from the smoke.

Bellatrix only laughed at the face of her master appearing. She knew that now she would be safe.

"Do it!" He said from behind me.

I can't. I won't. Not for him.

I turned, ready to cast a spell at Voldemort instead, but he knocked my wand out of my hand and it clashed to the floor.

Fear slowly sank into me. I'm not strong enough to fight him. I don't have my wand and Draco's dead.

There's nothing I can do. I'm gonna die here.

"So... weak." He said to me. A smile grazed his lips as he took in my pathetic stature.

Then, from one of the fire places near us, green fire arose and out came Dumbledore within the flames.

Voldemort's gaze left mine and went straight to Dumbledore's. The smile he wore now was gone.

"It was foolish of you to come here tonight, Tom. The Aurors are on their way." Dumbledore said stepping out of the fireplace, his wand at the ready.

"By which time I shall be gone and you, shall be dead."

Voldemort raised his wand, preparing to cast a spell. Dumbledore did the same as he pushed me to the ground, out of harms way.

Bellatrix disappeared within the green fires of one of the fireplaces.

The two battled. Casting spells I have never even heard of.

I hid behind one of the walls in the room, listening and watching the battle.

I have to help Dumbledore. I can't let him do this on his own.

This is all my fault. If I had just believed that Sirius truly wasn't being tortured then no one would've been injured, Draco wouldn't be dead.

Bricks from off the wall began to crumble all around us from the spells released from both Voldemort's and Dumbledore's wands.

Voldemort casted a spell that released a huge fire snake, pointed directly for Dumbledore.

The snake launched at Dumbledore and he had to take a few steps back to avoid getting burned.

He waved his wand to fend off the beast and it vanished.

Dumbledore then used the water in the fountain not far from us and encased Voldemort within it. His gasps could be heard from even where I sat.

I stood from my spot to stand next to Dumbledore as he had Voldemort locked tight in the sphere of water.

But Dumbledore only used a spell to push me away again, knocking me to the ground.

Voldemort broke free from the sphere and threw a spell at Dumbledore that was pure darkness.

I don't know what the spell was, but Dumbledore saw it coming and blocked the spell.

Voldemort only seemed to grow agitated at Dumbledore and pulled back his spell only for him to shout and then all the glass around us shattered.

I shielded my head with my hands, hoping to avoid getting cut from the falling shards.

Voldemort commanded all of the glass to focus on us and eventually all the shards in the room came darting for Dumbledore and I.

I only covered my head once more, but as the glass was about to hit us, Dumbledore put a shield around us that turned the glass into pearly white sand.

Voldemort groaned as he realized his spell did nothing to us and soon, he vanished in a cloud of smoke.