xxxi . The Light's Kin

╔═══════════════╗

chapter xxxi.
( sea of monsters )
❝ the light's kin! ❞

╚═══════════════╝

dedicated to my dear friend
kv0the_kingki11er who sacrificed her innocence and received spoiler after spoiler to help me with this chapter.

I'VE COME TO THE CONCLUSION: I hate the Princess Andromeda.

Luke's stupid bear-twins herded us aboard the yacht, throwing us down on the aft deck in front of a swimming pool with sparkling fountains. A dozen of Luke's army—snake women, Laistrygonians, demigods in battle armour—had gathered to watch us be killed.

I was going to shout a profanity at Luke when I saw someone among the demigods that made me fall short.

My voice rasped against my throat. "J-Jay?"

He was there. I hadn't recognised him at first, but now that I see him, I don't know why I hadn't realised it was him sooner. His face was covered behind a Greek hoplite helmet, but I knew that nose and those eyes. "What ...?" I couldn't speak. I couldn't ... no ...

Luke gave me a twisted smile, "I love family reunions," he said bitterly. "Claire, Jay, why don't you tell each other what's happened over these ten days?"

I stood up and tried to make my way towards him, but one of the other demigods stepped in front of him, glaring down at me. I swallowed the lump in the throat. "Jay ... wh-why?"

He didn't say anything. I wanted to be angry. I wanted to shout at him and the world as to why everything was so unfair, but I couldn't. All I could feel was this gaping hole where Jay had stabbed me in the back, and it was painful—unbearably painful.

Luke chuckled slightly. I turned to glare at him. I was angry at him. "What did you do? What did you do?!"

Luke only stepped closer and knelt down in front of me. He placed a hand on my shoulder. I shoved it away. He only smiled. "And so, Claire," he mused. "The Fleece. Where is it?"

I didn't say anything, and Luke narrowed his eyes. He prodded the point of his sword at my shoulder. "Now, Claire, we're friends," his voice was dangerously clam. "Perhaps you didn't hear me. I said: WhereistheFleece?"