iii. back to square one

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

"Yo, Artemis, finally awake, huh?"

Your eyes were fixated on Senku, scrutinizing his appearance and new features that he has. It seemed like his face got matured from the last time you saw him, his body became more built than it was before. His visage looked tired and careworn as if he had confronted something that was not favourable. Also, what caught your attention is the strange mark on his face that wasn't there before. It's like a crack or something and it was unknown to you, back then there was only one lock of his hair draping on his face and now it turned into two.

What confuses you is his attire, a cream coloured dress that was derived from animal skin and a belt with some satchels hanging on it. You don't know how many years had already passed to have him wear that kind of outfit and the surroundings were like you're in the wild forest. Furthermore, he was holding a piece of wood whereas a leather cloth was wrapped around the upper half of it. You tried to look at yourself as well; you also wore a dress that is the same cloth as Senku's. Same colour and it was an asymmetrical dress with a slit on the left thigh that reaches above your knees in which you can see a spiral mark on the side of your thigh.

"Senku, tell me what's happening right now, I'm utterly confused," you stated, looking at him with curiosity and complexity.

The said man solely snorted and placed his hands on his hips, "its 5739 AD today, (Name), 3,700 years had already passed since the petrification happened. Everyone was petrified and turned into stone, luckily I was revived in spring where I can start experimenting and acquiring the tools that are needed for my survival. To summarize it, we're living in a stone world where we are required to restore the creation and civilization that happened 2 million years ago. We're going to build everything from scratch, we're going to save humanity."

Senku didn't bat an eyelash as he explained himself. You couldn't process any words that he had spoken, it feels like your brain is having a hard time assimilating his explanation and you're in disbelief to know that 3,700 years have passed ever since the day where you saw that mysterious light.

So that was the thing that is behind this catastrophe? But who's the culprit behind it? Was that culprit so angry at the world and every person to the point where they tried to petrify the entire population on this planet? It was absurd for you, this whole thing is so ludicrous especially that everyone turned into stone and no one is alive except you and Senku. Moreover, he just told you that you're going to rebuild civilization and save humanity. Then the only thing that crosses your mind is to repopulate the Earth again... then that means...

Suddenly, a bolt of lightning struck you which caused your face to burn up in embarrassment and covered your face with your palms. You were internally screeching upon having the idea of what Senku was talking about.

The scientist stared at you with an incredulous look on his face, not knowing what the hell had happened to you. He could hear the muffled noises you were creating in between your palms and saw your ears turning into a shade of an apple. Senku was baffled, doesn't know as to why you're acting bashful at this moment. He didn't even say anything that can make you embarrassed, so why on Earth are you being abashed?