FIVE: Trip

By the time Heroics class had finally come around, I was exhausted and ready to go home and crawl into bed and die for a few hours. My mind trying it's hardest to focus on my regular lessons and now what Mr. Aizawa was saying up at the front of the room.

"Today we'll be focusing on the rescue aspect of heroics. We're heading somewhere for this and will be taking a bus to meet with who'll be handling you." Aizawa drones tiredly, holding out a card with Rescue written on it.

Everyone shuffled to grab their things and heads towards the locker rooms to change into their hero gear for the trip.

     Still struggling with my sore arm from yesterday, I made a mental note to ask for an upper body brace to help with reducing the strain I'd receive from any outside forces on my domes.

     Once everyone had finished changing, we met outside to head to the busses. Iida calling out for the class to line up by student number for an orderly bus loading.

The first few people got on the bus, and Mina turns around while still in the stairwell, calling out to the rest of the class, "Hey guys! It's an open seating layout! First come first serve!"

     "H-hey now! Just because the seating arrangement isn't what I planned, it does not mean chaos can ensue!" Iida Iida'd his arm, trying to keep control of the situation as others  rushed to take claim of their choice of seats.

     "Better luck next time, Iida. Now we at least now the busses have open seating right?" I say, patting his arm and climbing onto the bus myself. "You can plan the next trip's seating now that you know."

     Scanning the bus, I look for an open seat. Looking towards the very back, I see Sero waving to me.

"Hey (L/N)! Saved you a seat if you want!" He points next to him, the seat in question one of those direct center seats that line the back wall of the bus.

      I'm not sure why, but I make one last glance around to check for seats, and for a split second my (E/C) eyes meet with a golden gaze.

My eyes remain in contact with Kaminari's for a few seconds and I mentally shake myself and begin to head towards Sero's offered seat.

'If I even tried to sit next to Kaminari, things would only be super uncomfortable for the both of us... not to mention he'd only get even more fed up with my existence than he already is.'

     Once we were on the road, headed towards the USJ, my classmates began in idle chatter amongst their seating groups.

     I was scrolling through random hero gossip articles to pass the time, sometimes leaning to show Sero who'd laugh with me at the absurdity.

     "Oh! Here's one about Mr. Aizawa. This one says that he might have a sister who's a villain? Says she's got like, murderous hair? Where do these gossip rags get their stuff?" I snorted and turned my phone to show Sero a picture that someone had submitted as 'photographic proof' that was clearly just a photo of Mr. Aizawa badly photoshopped to have more uh, 'feminine' features.

     "Oooh my god. That's wild. What's next, Endeavor getting butt implants?" Sero and I burst out laughing but are quickly hushed by Iida at the front of the bus.

     As we mutter out a few halfhearted apologies,  I can't help but overhear the conversation from the front of the bus.

     "Sure, but Bakugo is always angry so he'll never be popular.." Tsu's voice carried through to the whole bus and I stifle a laugh.

     "WHAT DID YOU SAY? I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!" Bakugo all but banshee screeches at her despite only being five feet away.

     "See?" She ignores him and continues taking to the others, pointing at Bakugo.

     "Y'know, we basically just met you, so it's kinda telling that we all know your personality's flaming crap mixed with garbage." Kaminari chimes in with a nonchalant shrug.

     Still trying hard to stifle my laughter from before and now at Bakugo's expense, a horrendous snort of a laugh manages to escape, and it is loud.

    "YOU'RE GONNA REGRET THE DAY YOU APPLIED TO THIS SCHOOL, YOU LOSER!" Bakugo whips around and points at me, still shouting, "And YOU! DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING LAUGH AT THAT MORON'S  BULLSHIT!"

     Stifling my laughter again, I squeak out and  grab Sero's arm, holding myself behind him as best as I could, using him as a shield. He raises his arms as an act of saying 'don't kill me, I'm not with her,' while also stifling his own laughter.

~~~~~~~

Once we had arrived and gotten off the bus, Aizawa corralled us all together and introduced us to who we'd be working on rescue training with, the pro hero Thirteen.

     "Welcome to the USJ!" The space suited hero welcomed us loudly and with a lot of enthusiasm. Met with a chorus of us connecting the acronym to that of Universal Studios Japan, Thirteen happily corrects us.

     "It actually stand for Unforeseen Simulation Joint! There's different zones for rescue that you'll be learning to deal with today in your lessons with me and Eraserhead. Before we begin I do have one thing I'd like to say. Or maybe two... Actually four things... seven?" As Thirteen got to explaining what we'd be doing in each rescue zone,  the fountain down in the center began to sputter out just before a swirl of black mist began to form.

     "E-excuse me, Thirteen, Mr. Aizawa... is that supposed to be happening?" I had barely managed to speak to them before they themselves had noticed and went on the defensive.

"There's people coming out of that black cloud, did we start already?" A few students began to step forward to get a better look at what was happening down by the fountain.

"STAY BACK!" Thirteen had called to us, putting an arm out to stop us from going any further, the panic in her voice clear.

"This isn't part of the training. Those are real villains." Aizawa had said, placing his goggles over his eyes and grabbing his scarf "Thirteen keep the students safe!" He called out to Thirteen, as he was already headed down the large stairs.

Worried mumbles scattered around amongst the students, a few huddling in towards each other. I stepped closer to Tsu and grabbed onto her hand for comfort.

"W-what's going on? How'd villains get into the USJ?" She asked me, her eyes wider with concern.

"I don't know, but I don't have a good feeling about any of this..." I feel a steady hand place itself on my shoulder, but before I got the chance to see who it was, more of that dark mist materialized right before us, yellow eyes staring us down.

Frozen in fear, I squeeze Tsu's hand and feel the hand on my shoulder tighten as well. From my peripheral, I see Sero's form step forward, placing himself slightly in front of me.

So that's who grabbed my shoulder..

Before I could take my free hand and take hold of Sero's arm, a blur of black topped with yellow rushes right in front of the three of us.

"(L/N)! Be careful! See if you can create a field and protect the others!" Facing off against the swirling mass with his arm out, stood Kaminari.

He called to me...

I really really don't have a good feeling about this.... at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*******Hello! Sorry for the wait, I just hit MAJOR writers block I'm sorry!

Also!!!! 200+reads? I'm baffled by that! I am so grateful for it! Thank you all so much!

If you can, I'd really appreciate feedback to let me know if you're liking the story or what could be better! Votes, comments and the like really help me figure out where I should take things!
Thank you all so much for reading my story!! It means so much to me!*******