Part 12

They got table at a corner facing the view of the city through glass window, they ordered lightly as they are travelling. The lunch was very silent affair as none interested in talking to the other. They both got freshen up for a while then again started towards the car.
Khushi: I'll drive from here...
Arnav: Raasta pata hai?
Khushi: I do have a GPS in mobile.
Arnav just hummed and switched their places.
Khushi started driving slowly in the beginning later took the speed as the road is empty and Arnav was getting bored so switched on the music player in the car to which all Khushi's favorite list displayed. He went on checking the list, at last he got something of his favorite too which relax his mind. All this while Khushi didn't wanted to interrupt him as she is driving her car peacefully and doesn't want to make it horrible by intruding him, as it's her favorites list she didn't mind the songs he played.
After 3 hours, they reached the hotel and passed the keys to the person, who parks the car, she also asked the person to get the car repaired as she didn't get the chance to do it in Delhi, Arnav gave a look at her and left in.
At the reception,
Arnav: We have bookings in the name of Arnav Singh Raizada and Khushi Gupta.
Receptionist: 1min sir. She checked for a while and confirmed him the same.
Here is the keys sir, 2nd floor left last 2 corner rooms, room numbers are on the keys.
He thanked and left knowing Khushi following him. They took the lift and stopped at 2nd floor. He passed her room keys and asked to come after she freshen up to discuss about the presentation and the meeting as they have an hour of time.
After few minutes Khushi knocked on his door, he opened and went back to the room letting her come in and sit. He is tying the tie, (He has a habit, if he consciously starts tying the tie then he forgets the pattern, but if he does while doing something like, reading and stuff he ties it perfectly... and he hates this about himself, usually Anjali or his Mom does it...)
Likewise, today and right now, because of Khushi knocking the door, he got conscious and forgot the pattern, now looking at the tie and him in mirror sighed then saw Khushi looking at him with a frown, being a businessman, he can't just let his employee know his flaw. He thought of dropping the tie but Khushi came in and took the tie from him before he throw it away, he looked at her for once asking what but she started tying the tie without looking at him but he was just looking at her not knowing what to do.
She is done with her work and didn't expect him to say thanks and even he didn't think of thanking her. If he did then the things will be awkward for both of them.
They discussed for few minutes and she cleared his doubts wherever he felt not clear. He got a call from Mr. Mehra's PA, informed that they are here and ready for the meeting to start.
They both wind up the things in their rooms regarding the meeting stuff and left to the hall which is booked for today's meeting.
Mr Mehra is a person who is in his late 60's and very humble to others also a jovial person, Khushi has a huge crush on him, in a positive way. Even, Ashish and Mr. Mehra knows this.
They entered the hall and took their place; Mr. Mehra came in with his grandson along with his PA and Designer.
Khushi: Hello Mr. Mehra! She greeted putting her hand forward, he took her hand and shook for once and smiled lovingly at her.
Khushi: He is Arnav Singh Raizada, Ashish Sir's son.
Arnav forwarded his hand and shook hands with him: Nice meeting you Mr. Mehra.
Mr. Mehra: meet my grandson, NandaKishore.
NandaKishore: NK here, NandaKishore is quite a long name so NK. He shook hands with Arnav first then Khushi.
All took their places and started the meeting which took 1 ½ hours to complete.
Mr. Mehra: Impressed Khushi, as usual and designs are unique. As the show is in the end of this month hope everything goes well on time and this weather doesn't show its change till then.
Khushi: Thank you sir, the venue won't be a problem even if it rains. Then venue is secured of all the seasons.
Mr.Mehra: that's good then. He got a call, so excused and left out of the hall.
NK: Woah, Ms. Gupta. That's quite amazing. I never knew a pretty girl like you can be this intelligent. What they say, "beauty with brains" suits you well.
Khushi just smiled at him started packing the stuff. Arnav didn't like the way NK talking to her so freely.
Arnav: So, NK. What do you do?
NK: Well, I have completed management this year and came here to enjoy holidays but my grandpa wants me to join business so tagged me along with him for this meeting. I thought this meeting and stuff would be boring so came with an excuse to go but Ms. Gupta had made it interesting. Thank you Ms. Gupta for not making me bore with the meeting, truly amazing skill to make the onlookers captured.
Arnav looked at Khushi who passed a smile at NK. One thing he observed that Khushi is not good with new people, as he can see her not talking much with NK. And also with his PA, but with Mr.Mehra she is all fine being jovial and quite herself.
Mr.Mehra: sorry guys, had to attend the call, hope he didn't make you two bore with his talkative nature.
NK: Daadu....
Arnav: nothing Mr.Mehra, even we have a same kind of person here with us, he said looking at Khushi who in return glared at him but Mr.Mehra smiled at her and put his hand on her head.
Mr.Mehra: She is such a lovely person, unlike him, who knows how to do the things perfectly. God bless you beta! And Arnav, congratulations!
Arnav looked at him questioning him.
Mr.Mehra: you have been nominated as new face of the year in business and also you are being honored for being the young business icon.
Now that's something really surprise for him as he didn't expect this and also knowing from him.
NK: wow, congrats Mr. Raizada.
Arnav thanked them and observed that his mobile in blinking indicating some call. He took a sec to see his father calling him; he excused himself and left out.
Khushi: well, I think we should take our leave, else it would be late.
MR.Mehra: sure, let Arnav finish call. Let's go out.
Arnav came and was about to taking his leave but Mr. Mehra asked them to have their dinner with them and then leave as it would be late for them. He looked at Khushi to know her will, she agreed.
They had dinner and then started from there taking their leave.
NK is a jovial person and doesn't take things seriously, and thinks practically but yet he is traditional. He loves photography, and this is the reason he doesn't want to join his family business but at the end this will be his responsibility one day. He loves to enjoy his life as much as he can till the time he actual makes up his mind to handle the family business and he made this point clear to his family.
She paid the bill separately for the car repair and left the car keys.
For the first couple of hours Khushi rode the car then Arnav started driving, she felt asleep and he was like "what the hell" he is driving and she is sleeping later felt thankful that at least she didn't sleep while driving.
They entered Delhi premises around 9 pm and he doesn't know her address so turned to her to ask but she is sleeping then thought of checking her bag for the address then thought that it's not a good idea of checking girl's bag. He has to wake her up.
Arnav: Khushi... wake up...
Khushi opened her eyes but didn't really that conscious.
Arnav: apna address batao...
Khushi said the address of Gupta mansion. Obviously, if anyone asks for their address then everyone tells their home address of where they live/lived for long but not the temporary one. She did the same.
He drove to the address she gave and looked up at her residence and shocked to see a big mansion which looked posh yet decent and he felt he knows this place then realized and joined the dots he knows.
Arnav: Khushi Gupta. Gupta Mansion. Shashi Gupta's house.
Khushi is Shashi uncle's daughter? How is it possible?
He looked at Khushi once and then thought about her from the time he met her and her behavior... he is quite sure of 2 things about her, 1. She is a loud person who, she is comfortable with and 2. She lives her life in simple way, this he can tell because in this couple of days he got to know that she is simple and likes every small thing that comes in her way and positive attitude...
He saw the gates opened for him. He entered in and woke her up...
Arnav: Khushi...
She woke up and looked around, and saw she reached her place. She thanked him and came out of the car and was about to go but then realized that the car is hers but didn't turn to him, weakly said a good night and went in.
By the time he reached his place time was 11pm, he parked the car and got out then turned to auto lock but then realized that this is her car and she didn't stop him nor asked about it. He felt strange. He was with her almost most of the day yet, didn‟t fight... then thought, to even fight they need to communicate. He smiled at this thought and left to his room and slept.