Book 3 ~ Chapter 15

As soon as Tenzin saw the aircraft that hovered around the northern temple, he knew what he needed to do next. He flew down to the gardens on his air glider, where all the airbenders were training. He told them to gather the bisens and informed them of the situation. After that was taken care of, he found Pema and his kids, and together they slowly tried to escape. They were about to cross a bridge when Zaheer landed in front of them. Tenzin stood in front of his family protectively. Not wanting to pick a fight, Tenzin and his family were brought into a room where all the other airbenders, as well as Kya and Bumi, were being held captive. Zaheer, Ghazan, and Minghwa, the members of the Red Lotus, were there but what shocked him was too see Lei tied up beside Ghazan and Minghwa. Zaheer approached all the airbenders, that were kneeled on the floor.

"It is truly an honor to finally meet an airbending master," Zaheer said, Tenzin narrowed his eyes.

"What is it you want from us?" Tenzin demanded.

"Nothing at all. In fact, if everyone cooperates, you will all walk out of this situation unharmed," Tenzin answered, as he looked at all the airbenders.

"What are you doing here?" Tenzin asked, Zaheer turned to him.

"I want Korra and I'm tired of chasing her," Zaheer replied.

"So, you're using us as leverage," Tenzin said, as he looked at the airbenders then at Lei. Zaheer nodded.

"I'm not letting you get to Korra nor I am letting you go with Lei with you," Tenzin said sternly, as he stood up from his place. Zaheer narrowed his eyes.

"Unfortunately, you don't have a choice," Zaheer sneered, Tenzin narrowed his eyes.

"Yes I do," Tenzin said, before sending a huge gast of air at the members of the Red Lotus, launching them to the back of the room. Bumi and Kya stood beside Tenzin to fight with him. Tenzin quickly turned to Jinora.

"Jinora, get Lei and everyone out of here," Tenzin shouted, Jinora nodded while one of the airbenders picked up Lei's weak form. Suddenly, a beam from P'Li came from above them, as she stood in the airship.

"And stay away from her aim!" Tenzin shouted once more, before Jinora and the other's running out of the room and away from them.

It was a three versus three match with Zaheer, Minghwa, and Ghazan against Tenzin, Kya, and Bumi. There was no telling who could win this fight. Meanwhile, Pema and Jinora, along with the other airbenders made their way down the tunnels of the temple to the stables where the bisens are. They were about to exit out of the tunnel into broad daylight, when a beam came from the skies. Kai and the others jumped back into the tunnel. Kai took a peek to see where P'Li was. The airship was hovering just beside the bisen stables.

"As long as she's there, she'll just target us with her beam again," Pema said, as she held onto little baby Rohan.

"I can find a way to distract her while you guys run for it," Lei said weakly, as she tried to stand up. She lost her balance but the airbenders catched her before she could fall. Kai turned around and approached her.

"No, you have to stay here with them, Lei. You're too beaten up to do something like that, I have another way," Kai said, Lei sighed and nodded. Kai started walking towards the opening of the tunnel and gripping onto his glider tighter.

"Kai, what are you doing?" Jinora asked worriedly, Kai turned to her.

"Get to the bisens, I'm going to divert her beams," Kai said, before running out of the tunnel. Not long, beams were following Kai's trail as he began running towards the edge of the cliff. He jumped off the edge, extended his glider, and flew off into the sky. P'Li continuously tried to shoot beams at Kai, but he was able to steer away with each beam she aimed at him. P'Li took notice of the airbenders, along with the fire nation princess, slowly crossing the bridge to get to the Bisen stables. She narrowed her eyes at them before sending a beam at them. The beam was redirected into the sky when Kai flew in front of her and sent a gust of wind, causing her to stumble back. P'Li glared and sent a beam at the small boy's air glider. Kai's glider caught on fire and broke into pieces, as well as knocking Kai unconscious. Jinora turned around at the sound of an explosion and saw Kai falling down from the sky to the bottom of the cliff.