drugin' | forty.

November 12, 2019

               FLATSCREEN MOUNTED ON THE WALL currently played an episode of Netflix's comedy series Grace and Frankie, she's been binge watching for a few days, dressed in a sports bra and sweatpants when she should be fully clothed to get to her...

               FLATSCREEN MOUNTED ON THE WALL currently played an episode of Netflix's comedy series Grace and Frankie, she's been binge watching for a few days, dressed in a sports bra and sweatpants when she should be fully clothed to get to her morning prenatal appointment in time. Instead, she's eating her pack of hot Doritos and the container of Fritos bean dip resting on her protruding stomach. She ignored the hollering down the hall coming from Dave and kept her eyes remaining on the television screen.

"Just throw 'em on for me Beloved!" Nearing the bedroom, he uttered to his mother referring to Cruz's shoes. He entered the room within seconds and saw Shantey still not dressed. He sucked his teeth and says, "and you ain't dress eitha? C'mon mama. We ain't got time." He clapped his hands in a rushing manner.

"I'm watching Tv." Shantey pointed, crunching on the Doritos in her mouth. When he turned the television off, she sucked her teeth. "Seriously? I was watching—"

"Not anymore," he interrupted. "We gotta go mama. I'm findin' out bout my son today. Cruz been wylin' all mornin'. I ain't finna fight wit you bout gettin' ready Ledé." He rolled the bag of Doritos and covered the top on the bean dip.

"Yes, Father," she rolled her eyes, "It's no reason for me to get excited. It's a boy."

"Since when you stop thinking it's a girl?"

"Since I start feelin' how I felt wit Romeo and Cruz." Standing from the bed, she grabbed her charcoal heather colored UGG Charlynne Poncho and pulled it down over her head to cover her protruding belly. "I started off real sick and I heard that's a sign of a Girl. Then, that quickly changed when my right breast got bigger then my left and I'm carrying low; main two signs when I found out my last two were boys."

"Shit might surprise you," he chuckled, watching her grab the Classic Mini Fluff Genuine Shearling UGG booties and sliding them on her sock covered feet.

"Doubt it." Shantey shrugged, feeling kicks in her stomach and instinctively rubbing the roundness. "Someone has woken for the morning."

"Word?" Dave walked over placing his hands on her stomach as her phone chimed against the nightstand. She turned slightly for her phone and saw the name flashing across her screen.