Before the rebirth

"Ha~" a content sigh was released from a blonde girl as she stretched, entering a cafe.

"A cup of chocolate milkshake would be perfect after being cooped up in that house for so long," she cracked her knuckles, a 'pop' sound resonating in the semi-empty cafe. "I need to exercise more," she muttered under her breath as she headed to the counter to place her order.

"Hiya! One choco milk please." She said cheerfully, noting he must be a new hire. She chuckled as she realised her time being a couch potato was so long that the usual waiter had changed.

"Sorry? What was that?" The waiter asked, rubbing his neck nervously. "You said that too fast for me to ca-" he paused, as though he just noticed her appearance as he looked her over.

Her peculiar height caught his attention. Her light pink sweater coupled with the white skirt complemented her blue eyes which seemed to sparkle with child-like amusement. Her shoulder-length blond hair had a side braid to add a subtle flair, toppled up with a pink ribbon tied around her brown beret. As he turned his gaze down, he was surprised to see her ridiculously high wedges as it was a wasted effort to make her look taller. The waiter couldn't help but look behind her as if expecting to see her parents coming in after her.

"..."

"I am sixteen," she said after a brief silence and the waiter laughed nervously before taking her order.

"Here you go," the young waiter said as he brought her order. She smiled at him before taking her drink.

"Can I have this in a takeaway cup please?" she asked politely with a slight smile on her face.

'She seems to always have a smile on her face. Does she have a resting smiling face perhaps?' the waiter thought before collecting her drink and shooting her a wink. "Just a moment, sweetheart."

He left to arrange her takeaway cup and she leaned on the counter, playing with some coins she had on her to pass the time. He came back shortly with it and she thanked him as she collected it.

Her smile brightened like a little kid's as she took a sip of the drink and she happily paid for the drink, even giving the waiter the coins she was playing with earlier as a tip.

"Thanks for the tip," he said as he placed the pay bills in the register and kept the tip in his pocket.

"No problem at all. I should thank you for this delicious cup of coco milk instead," she said appreciatively before leaving the cafe with her drink.

She walked some distance away from the cafe before pausing as she took out the small thing that was hidden under her takeaway cup.

It was a mini bomb.

"Ah... are these people doubting my skills? It's pathetically sad how clumsily they hid the bomb." The previously polite and sweet facade seemed to have vanished as a sinister smile appeared on her face. A sickenly tense and malicious aura surrounded her and it felt like just a little more tilt of emotions would make her explode when it all suddenly vanished. "Oh, they still had a plan B huh?"

She suddenly turned around with a grin on her face. "No need to hide, I had felt your presence even with how slow you kept following me. Come on, you shouldn't lack the confidence to confront me after coming all this way? I would appreciate it if you just came out right now~" she said in a singsong voice and a moment of silence reigned before a masked man in a black jumpsuit came out from the shadows of a nearby building.

"I see you found me. As expected of the top assassin, Mystic S," the assassin said with a cocky tone as he came out calmly. Still, his nervous and alert eyes betrayed his calm and arrogant deposition.