Chapter 1: Just Another...Day?

On my way to school, I hummed happily to myself as I listened to some music from my headphones. I'd always liked music as it calmed me down from stress and kept me from boredom on my daily morning walks. My parents were always working so I took care of myself, but I was never lonely because of my husky, Kiana. She always made sure I was never bored by playing with me or sitting on my lap with her giant body. I chuckled to the thought of it and ran into something and as I fell, I closed my eyes, shielding my face as I landed on my butt.

I opened my eyes to see someone knocked on the floor beside me. She had black hair and stunning violet eyes and I immediately recognized her, jumping up and hugging her tightly. She was my best friend and I couldn't believe that I ran into her on the way here. She usually took the bus. Today must have been special.

"Motoko!" I shouted in glee, embracing her in a tight and silly hug.

"(Y/n)!" she shouted back, tickling me.

We both laughed and continued to walk toward school together. Then she began to talk about some gossip she had heard. It was a little flaw she had, at least in my eyes, because she was the information gatherer of our school. I always heard interesting things, but I never thought them to be true since they usually never were.

"There's no way that could happen though because Mitsu was - "

I zoned out, listening to my music as she continued to ramble, thinking of all the things I had to do today. There were my normal classes, then after school, I had to go to the student council room to write up the finances we'd spent during the month in the school. That would take forever since there were so many people in our school. It was a private institution where mostly rich kids went, excluding myself and was a prestigious school. I'd never be able to get home and play video games. Who knew if I'd be able to sleep with all the homework I'd have.

We had arrived at the school and went to our lockers, placing our lunch in there and grabbing my Calculus and History books along with my notebooks. Then we made our way over to our homeroom, sitting down in the back where we liked. There was this particular window I liked to stare out of whenever our teacher rambled about her love life. It got awfully sad so I created a technique to avoid hearing her lectures. I always arrived early every day to grab this seat before anyone else could.

"So, have you heard the news?" Motoko asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"No, but I'm sure you have," I joked, watching a leaf fall from the tree past the window.

"That's right!" she winked, "I heard there's a superstar coming to our school!"

I rolled my eyes and ignored her as she began to talk about this supposed 'superstar'. I knew it was just a hoax and figured it'd be best to listen to my music until school started. Then I heard the bell ring and unplugged my headphones. Our teacher began to talk and I thought it would be about her boring love life but she began to talk about the new trimester.

"You've done your tests and everything, except for you, Shun," she said, pointing at a boy who was laughing, "I'm glad to say that the number 1 student in the entire school is none other than (Y/n)! Well done! We'll continue to have remedial classes for those of you who have failed your tests through next week."

There was a loud groan from a few students in a room as she continued to talk about what they would need to bring, when they would take place, etc...I zoned out until there was an opening of the door ten minutes later when two students stepped into the class. They were about my age and one of them had an almost cross look on his face with velvety red hair and vibrant green eyes. He held a stern posture and smiled gently at the class but looked more like he was angry at being introduced. The other was slumped over, trying to hide his face. I could make out white hair but that was it.