Chapter 7: Goodbye Mom, Goodbye Dad

Your POV:

A few days pass. I'm at the Pro bending Arena, watching Korra, Mako, and Bolin get ready for the Championship finals. Korra had a bandage under her left eye, which means that she patched up that slash that she got from Shady Shin back at the galleria. They finish training, and head over to the locker rooms.

You know, Asami and Korra told me that Mako worked with the RCPD (Republic City Police Department) and that he's one of the best detecitves that they have. I've actually been meaning to ask him about that for while now. After a couple minutes passed, I walk over towards the mens' locker room.

You: "Hey, Mako." I called out, after knocking on the door.

Mako: "What's good, (M/n)?" He answered back.

You: "Do you mind if we talk for minute, firebender to firebender?" I asked him.

Mako: "Yeah, just give minute to get changed and I'll be out." He replied. "Alright, take you time." I responded.

So, I sat back down and waited for him. A few seconds go by and Mako and Bolin come out of the locker room.

Mako: "So what's up, slick?" He asked

You: "I was talking with the girls earlier, and they told me that you work with the Police." I replied.

Mako: "Yessir. Now, I don't mean to toot my own horn, but Beifong said that I'm one of the best detectives on the force." He said. I'm gonna be honest. I was actually impressed.

You: "Really? Are there any cases you're working on currently?" I asked.

Mako: "Actually, there have been reports of kids going missing quite recently, and there have also been some reports of smugglings at a couple of warehouses. We still haven't figured out what the contraband is yet." He said.

You: "Do you think I could take a look at the case, see what's going down?" I asked.

Mako: "Why, (M/N)? You're not involved in those crimes, are you?" He aksed with a suspenseful tone.

You: "No, of course not. I'm just into criminology, that's all. It really intrigues me. You know, after I graduated from high school. I was checking out all of these different colleges and universities to study at. Criminology was one of the subjects I wanted to major in, right next to gunsmithing." I explained to Mako.

Mako: "A gun enthusiast, huh? Are there any that intrigue you the most?" He asked

You: "Any thing from break actions to self loaders. Although, I'm mainly into semi automatic pistols and bolt action rifles." I answered.

Mako: "You know, we actually have a gun range down at the police department for training new officers. I could try and ask the Chief if I could take you down there and squeeze off a few rounds." He said.

You: "Seriously? You would do that?" I exclaimed. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I think might have just found a new friend.

Mako: "Yeah, sure. Why not? You seem like you know what you're talking. Hell, I am surprised that you knew what you wanted to do career wise, and that you know a good amount on the subject." He said.

You: "Well, I appreciate the kind words, Mako." I said with gratitude.

Mako: "Of course, bud. You're a smart kid. You know what, I want you to have something I'll be right back." He replied. After about sometime, he came back. "Here, I want you to have this." He said. I turn around to and he hands me a wooden case.

You: "What is it?" I asked. Although, I knew that he was referring to what was in the box. "Well, open it and find out. I'm sure you'll be surprised." He said with a smirk and raised eybrow.