Chapter 17 : Asgore and Toriel

The giant silvery goat woman rushed at Frisk with such an alarming speed that wasn't typically associated with somebody of her size or girth. Her sharp white teeth were frozen in that insanely happy smile and her arms were wide open. As she neared Frisk, Frisk was able to see more details of this specific monster such as the fine sharpen razor points that were her claws. And the tears that were gathering at the corners of her big brown eyes. Her bright YELLOW and brown eyes.

It really was something out of one of those old horror stories Frisk heard as a kid that would often end up being the source of some of her worst nightmares. In fact, as the silvery goat monster came closer, Frisk numbly recalled a very heart-pounding nightmare she had as a child that was very similar to this situation.

Though Frisk couldn't quite remember what the bloodthirsty monster in her nightmare looked like, it had been running at her unnaturally fast with clear intentions of murdering her in the most vicious ways possible. And to make it even more terrifying her dream self wasn't able to move an inch to save her own life from the nightmare monster. But luckily Frisk had woken up in a cold sweat before it could lay a claw on her.

And that wasn't the only monster dream she had where she was forced to just stand there and accept whatever horrible thing the monsters were planning to do to her. But little Frisk had always been comforted by the thought that dreams were not real, a belief she still held into adulthood. Until now that is.

Much like her dream, as the goat woman closed the gap between them, Frisk found she was frozen to her barstool, unable to do anything. She couldn't scream, move, speak or even think logically.

It was strange. Really really really terrifyingly strange. Frisk, who had developed almost cat-like reflexes over the course of her singing career, thanks in part to dodging flying chairs, drink glasses, bullets and knives from her rowdy and violent audience couldn't move to dodge this large object rocketing towards her. Perhaps watching your childhood nightmare coming to life did that to some people.

"MY CHILD IS BACK!" The goat lady cried out, the pure joy and warmth so infused in her voice that the terror that was currently controlling Frisk eased off just a bit. Her voice reminded Frisk of the very important detail, that she, like Sans, Papyrus, Grillby and Wingding, was capable of rational thought and wasn't just the grunting and growling monsters in her childhood nightmares.

My child?! Frisk thought as some of her senses came back and despite the fear that still weighed heavily on her mind and mind, Frisk couldn't help but find the goat lady's words somewhat comical. If I'm your child I must have been adopted-

"TORIEL STOP!" A deep and powerful voice blared out, cutting Frisk's thought short. It seemed like the whole bar, along with every bone and muscle in her body, shook alone from that voice. "That's not Chara-"

Frisk didn't hear the rest of the voice's sentence as strong, warm and soft arms wrapped themselves around her, pinning Frisk's arms to her sides and smashing the side of her head to the female monster's equally soft breasts. Frisk winced and closed her eyes preparing for the monster to crush her with all her might but that never happened.

Instead the arms began to tremble as the goat monster's breathing began to get a little more irregular.

"Chara...My God C-C-Chara. I can't b-b-believe you're back! My baby is back," the goat whispered into Frisk's hair as tiny little sobs disrupt her sentence. Frisk's eyes widened when she felt a furry pair of soft lips kissed the top of her head.

Never thought the monsters in my nightmares would want to hug and kiss me, Frisk thought as more of her fear disappeared. Now awkward unease crept in as the massive monster began to sob a little louder muttering the name "Chara" over and over again.