Chapter thirty-five: true form

(Raven's P.O.V)

It has been a month since we have been in hiding. My babies are getting tired of going to different hotels. We're sick of hiding our tracks with hax bags while subsisting on animal blood and fast food. Isn't the life I planned on for us. But I guess since I am a witch vampire-wolf hybrid and my dad is a psychopath, everyone wants to kill me. My husband and mom are trying to get along but can't because she killed his parents. 

"Mommy, can we go to the park, please," Nathan, my youngest, asks me. 

"Honey, you know I would love for you to go and play in the park, but we are hiding from an evil man. If you go to the park and something happens to one of you, I will be despondent," I say, kneeling to look him in the eyes. 

"Raven, come on, let him be a kid for an hour. I put together some hex bags. They will protect them from anyone looking for them," My mom says, throwing the bags at Lilith, Adien, Sofia, and Nathan. 

"Fine, but one hour and that's all. If you don't come back in that amount of time, I am coming to get you myself," I say, looking at them with a rugged look. 

"Thank you, mommy, big sis will protect me, and we will come back safe. Mommy. I love you," Nathan says, hugging me tightly.

"Lilith, anything happens, you run straight here and let me know. Protect Nathan along with yourself," I say, looking at them. They walk out and go off to the playground. 

(Lilith's P.O.V) 

I am walking along, feeling the wind hit my skin gently. Holding my brother's hand, as soon as we get to the playground, he starts getting excited. I follow him as he runs. I put him on the swing, gently beginning to push him. He smiles as I do so. I kept looking around, ensuring there was no danger for either of us, but it was getting darker. "Nathan, let's get out of here now," I say, looking over to see Dogmothos with his black demon wings.

My eyes glow black and gold as my hybrid comes out. I tried to run with Nathan on my back to the hotel. I see Dogmothos right on our trail. "Nathan, I need you to run back to the hotel; I'll be right behind you, okay," I said, looking into his eyes.

"Come out wherever you are, you can run, but you can't hide," the demon says, looking for me. 

"Why would I hide from you, asshole? Give me your best shot," I say, looking at him.

He hits me with telekinesis, knocking me into the wall. I hit my head then launched at him, going to bite him. I managed to get on him by biting his neck and injecting my venom. Hybrid bites are only lethal to vampires, but they can severely injure demons. Dogmothos backs up in pain. I touch the ground, making it split in two. 

I ran off to find my little brother. I tried to go smell him out. I see him hugging him tightly. "Sissy, you're bleeding," he says as he looks at me.

We go to the hotel. As we get there, Nathan knocks on the door. As he does, mom opens it; then everything goes black. 

(Raven's P.O.V) 

Nathan, my baby boy, walks in the door while Lilith is holding him. My daughter collapses on the floor. I see she is bleeding from her head and side. Jake puts her on the bed lightly as I grab some herbs to heal her. "I am gonna kill that mother fucker slowly and painfully," I say, clenching my fist as tightly as my knuckles.

"Honey getting revenge is not the answer. Lilith is fine, and we will find him. Focus on his mission, and we will have a war to fight soon. We will need the numbers; otherwise, we will die fighting his army, "Jake says, looking into my eyes as they are glowing purple. 

"Okay, let's find this bastard before he finds us," I say, looking at him, my eyes filled with motivation. 

I hear a loud banging sound coming from the door. I look up to see if it's dogmothos, and an instant range fills me. I tossed him over the railing of the hotel. My full hybrid comes out. I leap over the fence, landing on the ground, ripping into him. I started by taking out his nonvital organs. 

I grab his wings, ripping them off, tossing them aside as if they were trash. After that, I grabbed his arms, tearing them off. I growl in his face and look at him as he bleeds from his mouth. I put my hand on his chest, grabbed his heart, and stomped on it. "Got anything else, Damon," I said, looking up as I knew he had just watched me kill his attack dog. "Let's go. We are taking the fight to him to end this once and for all. I am going to get everyone that is all on our side. I will stop at nothing until my children are safe again and they can live their lives like they should have when they were born, "I say, grabbing our things for us to leave as we are going. I make a few calls to get an army to bring Damon down.