36

It's him!

"What's wrong, Mattie?" I asked, looking at him holding his head and pressing it with force. He had pained facial expressions and it looked like he was trying to keep his eyes open.

"Let's be honest, I am not feeling good at all." He replied and groaned loudly, as of he was controlling himself from punching something.

"Here, look at me—" I slowly turned his head towards me and continued, "—and tell me how are you feeling right now."

He made a face before answering, "Enna, babe, sometimes you ask the stupidest of questions." Now, that made me glare at him.

"I am feeling like someone shot me in the leg and I would pass out any moment now."

"Okay, I agree, that was really stupid of me to ask." I shifted slightly in my place and pat my lap, motioning him to keep his head there.

"Lie down, but don't fall asleep." I instructed to which he chuckled slightly and said, "You are a shitty nurse." But nevertheless layed his head on my lap.

"Eyy, no chuckling at the nurse!" I teasingly scolded him and started stroking his hair, an old habit of mine.

A small insight to you guys at what was happening right now. We were sitting in the backseat of Mr. Steele's car and he was driving us to the hospital. It had only been five minutes since we sat in the car and Matt was already starting to lose his consciousness and the very little medical knowledge in me said that it was because of the bullet. The only remedy that was done by us to stop the blood was a napkin tightly wrapped around his leg and that was just about it.

The guilt that was killing me more and more from inside was that I knew Matt was stubborn and careless, but atleast I could have done some first stage dressing on his leg, so what if we were going to go to the hospital, atleast it would have been better than tying just a handkerchief. A tear was just about to escape from my eyes, when Matt spoke,

"Babe?"

"Hmm?"

"Have you gain weight?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him and answered, "Maybe, why?"

"Your thighs." He answered and shrugged his shoulders, but that was not an enough answer for my small brain to understand.

"What about my thighs?" I asked.

"They have gotten thick."

"Seriously, Matt? You are in such a critical condition right now and all you are thinking about are my thighs?!"

"You have got good thighs." I was about to retort back, when we heard a cough coming from Mr. Steele and that was when my cheeks started going red.

We were talking about thighs.

My thighs.

In the presence of Mr. Steele.

Oh, how embarassing!

"We are here." He simply said, but there was definitely a tint of anger in his tone. I looked up at him through the rearview mirror and met his eyes which were the darkest shade of blue, I quickly looked away and helped Matt get out of the car.

Ten minutes later, he was inside doctor's cabin and we were waiting for him outside. My brain was in a turmoil with all the worries and confusion. Who would have kidnapped Sam? Why? What do they need? If it was money, then why have I not received any call?

My brain was not coming up with any answers and it was killing me from inside. It was all going perfectly fine, my equation with Mr. Steele was improving, Sam was coming around him and it was all going better, then how did this all happen?

Why god, why?

I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream, I wanted to escape from my own thoughts, bad thoughts, thoughts that made me feel guilty to the point where I just want to hide myself six feet under. An unknown tear escaped from my eyes and a warm hand engulfed my face, rubbing the tear with their thumb.

"Shh, it's okay, he is okay. Doctors are there, the best doctors in the country. Nothing is going to happen to him, if that's what you are worrying about." His deep and consoling voice said, as he looked deep into my eyes. His then dark eyes filled with rage were now ocean blue and caring.

"I am worried about a lot of things." Including you, I wanted to add, but kept quiet.

"Police have already found that fucker's car, they will find him soon enough, don't worry."

"I am trying not to." I said, hiccuping and then added, "Who do you think did it?"

"I don't know, but whoever did it has a death wish." He said fisting his hand, nose flaring with anger, when his phone rang.

His eyebrows furrowed looking at the caller ID and then he glanced at me, "Were there supposed to be any meetings today?"

"No, why? Who's calling?" I asked, suddenly curious.

"Unknown." He then picked up the call and asked, "Hello?" Whoever was on the other side of the call must be his enemy looking at his tight fist and dark eyes. His knuckles turned white as he gripped the phone tightly.

"Why?" He asked, angrily and even though I had known him for months now, I had never seen him this angry, he was fuming, ready to kill someone.

"If you do as much as touch him, I will rip your fucking limbs apart."

I put my hand on his shoulder in an attempt to calm him down, I did not know who was there on the other side of the call, but whomsoever they were, they were really doing the job. His body instantly relaxed at my touch, but his eyes still radiated anger.

"Start your countdown you bitch because I am coming." With that said, he ended the call and looked at me. His face instantly calmed and his eyes showed care. He held my face with his huge palms and kissed my forehead lovingly. My heart started fluttering and my stomach tied up in a knot.

"Baby—" His face showed hesitation and I knew whatever he was about to say now was not going to be rainbows and butterflies, "—I know who kidnapped Sam."

My heart started beating fast and m vision blurred with tears—Tears of happiness that we have found Sam and tears of pain that he was still kidnapped. As much as I wanted to know who kidnapped my son, I was not ready to hear it, my heart was not ready to hear it. Deep down, I wanted it all to be just a dream, but it was real, it was all real.

"W-Who?" My words stuttered.

"It's him."

••••••••

Who do you think he is?