Part 2

Y/N's POV

"Oh shit," I cursed under my breath as I saw the caller ID.

She's going to scold me if she knows that I'm still outside.

I quickly answered the call and tried to cover all the noises from the store.

"Hi mom," I whispered.

"Why are you whispering? Are you still at work?" mom immediately interrogated.

"No, I got back already. Why is it, mom? Do you want to buy something?"

Not to sound rude, but my mom usually called me because she wanted me to pay for the things she bought online.

She refused to learn how to do online transactions and whenever she wanted something, it's either me or my sister who would do the payment for her, using her bank account info.

If we were bad daughters, we could've spent all those money in her bank account on ourselves.

But mom was so cute, we didn't have the heart to betray her trust or use her money.

Especially when we had already earned our own.

"How did you know? Did S/N (sister's name) tell you?" I chuckled at her question.

See, I told you so.

I rested my elbow on the table and turned my body towards the wall on my left so that the hoodie guy wouldn't be disturbed by my phone conversation.

Or hear it.

Who knows what mom's going to make me say in the middle of public area?

"No, she never calls me. I am always the one who have to call her first," I played with the ring on the coffee can while talking to her.

"I don't want to disturb her because she seems busy with her university stuffs," my mom reasoned and I kind of understand.

My sister did get super busy after entering university.

"Yeah, she's the one who agreed to be the committee in the first place. She's too kind to refuse the position. What are you buying this time, mom?" I got straight to the point, not wanting mom to forget the real reason why she was calling me in the first place.

"Some of the decorations for my class. The kids going to love it," she sounds excited.

I was sure that she was more excited than her students about the new decoration she wanted to buy.

She's a primary school teacher. And a very dedicated one at that.

After we siblings move out of the house due to work and school, dad and mom kind of got lonely, I guessed.

Dad spent most of his time talking to our neighbor's cat before finally adapting his own.

And mom spent more and more time and money to pamper her students, treating them like her own kids, since hers were too far away.

"Sure, just text me the bank account info and the thing's you're buying. I'll pay them for you, mom"

"Use my bank account please, Y/N honey" she insisted, and I chuckled.

"It's okay, mom. I'm just lazy to search for your username and password S/N gave me before. It's not that much,"

"But you paid for the previous rack you bought as well," I did used my own money to buy some of the things she told me to buy, but I didn't really mind.

I could still pay for her and have enough money to survive for the remaining days before payday.

"It's nothing. How about this? You pay me back in cash when I go home this end of the month. Sounds good?"