Chapter 6

I had just gotten home, lunch was actually so good, I think even Luke enjoyed it eventually

I had just gotten home, lunch was actually so good, I think even Luke enjoyed it eventually. Everyone had exchanged numbers as well and we had planned to all hang out soon. I was just hoping that Luke enjoyed it enough to want to sit with the untouchables again tomorrow because I have to admit, they're actually a lot of fun.

Charlie seemed to be alright again, she was even joking around with Toby and Blake. There was something wrong with her and I knew it but I couldn't figure it out. I didn't know why Charlie hadn't told me yet, we had always been so close and told each other everything. I seriously hoped she was okay though, I didn't like seeing her like this. She had stuck with me through everything and I wanted to be able to return that favor.

Elijah had caught the bus to aunt Jen's house, presumably to play video games with our 10-year-old cousin Mason, I had always found it cute that Elijah and Mason were so close even though they had a larger age gap. Mason was the only other cousin that we saw regularly. As well as Aunt Jen, I had an uncle Todd but we weren't as close to him. His wife had forced him to move to another state so we really only saw them once a year on Christmas for a couple of days. Uncle Todd had a daughter a year younger than us named Gemma that neither Charlie or I liked. She was bitchy like her mother but uncle Todd thought she was perfect.

I groan, consumed in my thoughts before an idea pops in my head. At every other house I've ever lived I had always had somewhere I could go to think, somewhere I could just sit in my thoughts without getting interrupted. At my last house, I had always sat on the roof, it was fairly easy to get there from my room because I could use my balcony to climb up.

I had loved the roof, it had been my favorite place in the house and had ended up being my go-to place whenever anything happened, or even simple things like when I thought of Maddi, and no one knew about it. I wish there was some way that I could get on the roof in this house, unless.

Another idea pops into my head as I run to my bedroom to see if there was any way I could get onto the roof using the tree between Aiden and my house.

Opening my window I notice that Aiden's curtains are open, but his window is shut, the curiosity gets to me as I look into his room from my window. I was surprised at how clean his room was, to be honest, there were no posters of half-naked girls which shocked me even further.

After I feel as though my curiosity has been properly cured I look up the tree to see if there was a way to get to the roof. A path eventually comes clear to me and it doesn't seem that hard to successfully use the tree's branches to climb up to my roof.

Opening my window impossibly further I slowly sit on my window seal and manage to clamber onto the closet branch of my tree fairly easily. Slowly I begin ascending further up the tree, making sure I use the branches that I remembered should get me up to the roof.

After about 5 minutes of slowly ascending higher up the tree, I make it to the height of the roof. I managed to get onto the roof, I knew that the next time I had tried I would get up a lot quicker. With that thought, I step one foot on the roof and then slowly release the rest of my body to follow my first foot. Soon enough I'm completely standing on the roof and I'm pleasantly surprised to see that there are several spots I could sit and look at the stars, but even more pleasantly surprised to see that the best spot to sit was practically right above my room where I had first stood on the roof.