Chapter 20

Me and Ruhan were heading back from the party. He never left my hand since party, not even once and this is giving me butterflies.
He is looking at my face in between and I turn my face away, cause I know what his eyes want to ask and I'm not ready for it yet. I want when I confess, I should make it the best day of his life. I want to show him my love and I don't think three simple words can do justice to what I have in my heart for him. Today while answering kabir I came to this realisation that I really love this man beside me. This men is my world. He has changed my perspective. Made me feel like I deserve the best, I am the best. I deserve the love. He made me fall in love with myself. He is my angel. I was so engrossed in my mind that I didn't realised Ruhan has already stopped the car in front of nowhere.

"You fine wifey? Or do I need to beat my certain best friend?", he asked me looking all concerned.

"No Ruhan everything is fine, no worries. I am really envious you had such great friend who is looking out for you. You are one lucky guy", I said playfully punching him in shoulder.

"You are right love. Me and kabir been always there for each other. We had our share of moments and fights, been there For each other in our time of heartbreaks", he said thinking about his friend.

"That's great. By the way how many heartbreaks you had Mr?", I asked playfully taunting him.

"I never really fall in love. Kabir was the one with the most. He is really kind and give his 100% In everything he put his heart into but not everytime the person in front of you feels the same and from their arise your endless misery and finally a heartbreak. I wish my man kabir also get his share of happiness",he replied.

"Ruhan you can easily would have married anyone of your choice why did you opt for arranged marriage?" ,I asked him.

"Maybe because I never met any girl till then who moved my heart. They were all superficial, liked me for my face or because of my bank balance." ,he said.

"What about you wifey?", he said looking at me.

"I never had an option. Because my family was very strict and I also loved them more than anyone, I can never hurt them for some guy I met few months or years ago, and also because you already know my choice in men sucks.", I replied laughing at him.

"There is nothing like that wifey. Maybe it was all destiny for us to meet and become each other better half",he replied looking in my eyes giving these weird butterflies again .

"So you believe in destiny?", I asked him.

"Yes I believe there is this higher power guiding our souls, binding us together with people we are meant to be with" ,he said giving answer to my question.

"By the way my dear husband why have we stopped here, in this neverland . What if we get looted or some goons attack us?", I asked him teasingly.

"You don't have to feel scared when your very own personal agent sitting beside you.",he answered winking at me.

"Let's move out wifey. There is nothing dangerous here. I know this place very well. I want to show you something. I know you will love it",he said.

"You seem pretty sure.", I opened my door and came out.

"In all these months I think I came to know you better love", and we both move towards some higher up and when we reached the top. I was astounded by the beauty in front of us. The whole city was clear from this view. This is the most beautiful place to see the whole city decorated in different lights.

"This is beautiful Ruhan", I told him entwining our hands together.

"I guess I win this,'I know you game' huh", he said teasing me.

"Yes, you are my mind reader sir" I replied.

"It's my pleasure kind lady" he said bowing down and we laughed at that.

After enjoying the view some more, Ruhan turned the music of his phone up and he played ' say you won't let go' by 'James Arthur'. My favourite song. Then he went down on his knees and ask for my hand.

"What ruhan?",I asked him.

"You owe me a dance love", he said.

"Well what can we do when someone was so engrossed in dancing with someone else",I replied thinking about Ruhi. 'even their names fucking match' I thought inside my head only to be pulled against hard chest and ruhan whispering in my ear
" someone's looking jealous "

"Of Course Dude you are mine, no one can touch what's mine",I said holding his face in my hands and looking in his eyes. Just to make him see how much he being with someone else hurt. And he hugged me really tight, making me feel his heartbeat.
"You hear love. Only you can make it turn crazy.", he said. And I hugged him back, enjoying his warm embrace in this cold weather.

And we both danced together with music in background and Ruhan teasing me every now and then. We don't realise how the time past and we moved back towards our car.

"Thank you so much for today Ruhan", I said holding his hand tight.

" This is what husband's are for love" he said winking at me.
And we drive back to our house. With soft music in background and me enjoying the cold breeze against my face.

"You are like a child mahi, move inside or you get cold" he scolded.

"This is the beauty of the night Ruhan. This breeze against my face is making me realise that all this is real. I want to capture this place in my heart. " I said.

" Ok my dear poet, but close the window after 15 min" he said.

"Aye Aye captain " I saluted him back.