Chapter V

A hand

You don't have to worry,

Cause I'm here for you.

I might be oceans apart,

But I'm only a breath away.

Just say the word,

I'll lend a hand,

I'll rescue you,

From the hell.

~~~

He had woken up crying badly. Covered in sweat and tears flowing down his face, he woke up with a jolt.

Checking the date again, ugly sobs escaped him.

He failed again. He didn't understand what happened.

She didn't convey any extreme emotions when he went to sleep.

"Joonie?" Namjoon heard Jin call out his name.

Taking deep breaths, Namjoon calmed himself down and replied with a raspy voice, "Sorry hyung... My nose got stuffy so I'm looking for some meds..." He lied as he furiously wiped his tears.

Jin wasn't convinced but he didn't want to pry. Jin decided he'll talk with Namjoon when he had calmed down.

Namjoon hurriedly searched for some tissues and medicines as a ruse when something finally clicked in his mind.

She must be living in a different time zone... She's not Korean!

This information settled in his mind as he slumped down the floor by his bed.

Finally he felt he was a step closer to her. Despite the numerous setbacks, he was able to put together a small piece of the puzzle.

It was then when something suddenly flashed through his mind. It was vague but very familiar.

He knew those words by heart because he had genuinely said those words a thousand times.

ARMY, this is because of you.... Thank you.

It wasn't like a memory. It was like looking at himself through a different point of view.

He sniffled softly while wiping the remnants of his tears as he finally understood something.

She might be an ARMY.

~~~

She felt something heavy settle in her heart.

She couldn't sleep.

She woke up with a migraine and an unexplainable urge to cry.

It felt like she has exhausted her mind. She felt exhausted but didn't know the cause. She felt so weak that the tears were not ready to flow.

She couldn't find it in her heart to fall asleep. The thought itself felt wrong... It felt like she's affecting something.

She's been having some vague dreams about herself crying and ending her life...

She felt tired to see that even her subconscious mind was suicidal.

She's not Korean!

These words echoed in her mind abruptly which brought a frown on her face.

She didn't need a reminder that she wasn't Korean. She didn't expect this from herself... Handing her a reality check wasn't something she needed.

Seeing her thoughts running rampant, she decided it was best to talk it out with someone... Probably the school psychiatrist or her best friend.

This brought out an encouraging memory...

ARMY, this is because of you. Thank you.

She needed to speak herself.