0.1

ONE.
all in seconds

🔹️🔹️🔹️

"Kuiil, why would you do that?!" I exclaimed, clearly frustrated with him. "Not only is he a bounty hunter, but he's a Mandalorian--!"

"We do not know if he will actually survive the mission; the others did not." Kuiil shook his head in disappointment.

"Wait.." I paused, standing right in front of him. "So you're saying you helped other hunters that passed through here too?"

"Yes," He nodded, standing up from his chair. "And you shall learn to help him as I did with the others."

"Do you have any idea of how dangerous this could be for--"

Kuiil furrowed his eyebrows and pointed at the Mandalorian, who was setting up a campfire outside. I bit my lower lip, feeling my body shake with anger. Kuiil placed his hand on my arm, trying to calm me down.

"I understand that you are frustrated with me, Adalyn," He said. "But not all hunters have bad intentions."

"I--"

▪︎▪︎▪︎

I placed my blaster on the man's head as he fell down to the floor. I showed him my puck, his face illuminating from the small object.

"'Dead', they said." I announced in the man's ear. He trembled with fear; eventually bursting into tears.

"Please," He begged on his knees. "Don't do this! They're bad people! A-All I wanted to do was save my--"

"Enough talk. Let's just get this over with."

I clenched my teeth, ready to pull the trigger. That's when a child walked outside and saw the scene. The child ran up to the man with tears in her eyes.

My eyes widened as I turned to look at the man. He had killed a great amount of people, mostly thieves and people with bad backgrounds. Apparently, my mission was to kill a mass murderer who had intentions of hurting the Guild.

"Daddy!" The child grabbed onto the man's arm, tightly. "What's this woman doing to you? Is she hurting you? Daddy..!"

I dropped my blaster, shocked. The situation had caught me off guard for a split second. The man noticed my blaster and immediately took it. He held his daughter in his arms, aiming the blaster at me. He shot, leaving a deep gash on my arm.

"Hunters like you are merciless!" The man spat as everything became a blur. "You don't deserve to live..!"

I forgot my whole mission within those couple of seconds. I felt my whole mind go blank, knowing that I had caused so much pain in these people due to my own greed. Everyone I had killed flashed through my mind -- that was all within seconds.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Fine," I said while crossing my arms. "I'll help, but I'm not doing it for him."

".. Alright." Kuiil responded, patting my back. My eyes landed on the Mandalorian as Kuiil continued, "Now, you should help him with the campfire; he looks like he needs it."

I excused myself from the tent and walked over to the armored man. As I approached him, I saw that he was struggling to light the wood on fire with the gadget on his arm. I cleared my throat, grabbing a lighter of mine and throwing it inside the pile of wood.

"I needed to get rid of it anyways."

I sat down on one of the logs that was beside the fire, the armored man following my actions. We were silent for a couple of seconds as we both looked into the fire. I glanced up at him, noticing how he was slightly fidgeting with his fingers.

"What's your name?" I asked, breaking the silence. His helmet shot up from looking down at the fire, but he just stayed quiet. I snickered, "If I'm going to help, I at least need to know what to call you."

The man sighed, not wanting to answer. I ran a hand through my hair awkwardly as we just sat there quietly. "Then.. I guess I'll just have to make up a nickname for you."

".. Go ahead." He replied, finally speaking up. I pursed my lips as I thought deeply to myself.

"How about Mando?" I shrugged sarcastically. "Very original, I know."

He shook his head as if he didn't like it, but I wasn't going to change my mind anytime soon. I frowned, noticing how the air kept getting thicker every time I tried to talk to him. Just then, his helmet turned to look towards my direction.

"You're not from around here."

My eyes widened as I stammered through my words, "What.. what do you mean?"

"I've seen your face before," He said, leaning forward on the log. "You're the most wanted criminal alive, and the Guild wants you for a very high price."

".. How much?"

"You don't need to know that." Mando said, standing up and walking towards me. I stood up defensively.

"But the Empire's--"

"I know," He stopped, now standing inches away from me. I clenched my fists, glaring into his helmet. "Doesn't mean you're not on their little naughty list."

"Don't even think about turning me in, Mando."

He stood there silently for a moment before taking out his rifle and pointing it at me. Almost simultaneously, I jumped back and took out my own weapon, aiming it at him.

"You're fast." He scoffed.

"You underestimate me," I glared, adjusting my hands position on my weapon. "That's 25%."

"What--?"

Before he could finish his sentence, I quickly caught him off guard and pinned him to the ground, my knees trapping his torso and my hands holding his arms still. I placed my weapon back where I had found it, smirking. He had dropped his rifle during the process, so I grabbed it and pointed it at his unprotected neck.

"25% ruthless."

He was breathing heavily, unable to move a lot because of the fact that my body was basically on top of his. He scoffed, "No wonder why they want you so bad."

"You son of a--!"

He flipped me over, causing us to switch place -- he was now on top of me. Mando's rifle fell out of my hands at the sudden attack; he grabbed it and placed it back on his back. I clenched my fists, trying to get out from underneath him. I tried to move, but he was much stronger than me.

"30%!" I exclaimed, kneeing him in the side where there was no armor. His grasp on me loosened up, giving me the opportunity to escape from underneath him. I pulled out my weapon and aimed it at him once again. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

He grumbled something under his breath before slowly relaxing his shoulders and crossing his arms. I lowered my weapon and placed it in my emissary belt. He shook his head, walking towards me.

"I won't stop there, you know."

"I know," I smirked. "And that's 40%."