Chapter 43: {Meet my mom}

|Don't be afraid to take a big step. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps.|

Nina's pov:

After spending five days in the wood, we were ready to leave. We pack up and loaded the car. It was 2 o'clock when we left. Adrian drove me home and when we reached it was really late. We ate dinner in a restaurant since we were hungry.

----

The next day I woke up late. I brushed my teeth, dressed up and made my way in downstairs.

 I brushed my teeth, dressed up and made my way in downstairs

I was surprised to see mom near the counter.

"Good morning." I greeted her and she looked up.

"Good morning, how did you sleep?" She asked.

"Good and you?" I asked, taking the cereal box. I pour some in a bowl and then pour some milk.

"Like always... and I'm still tired." She sighed and I frowned.

"Are you working today?" I asked and she shakes her head no.

"I took a day off." She said and I nodded.

I sat down and started to have my breakfast. I glanced at mom and she was still working on her laptop. It was her day off but she was still working. I finished my breakfast and clean up.

"Mom do you have anything plan for today?" I asked curiously. I might have an idea to make her relax.

"No honey, I'll be at home all day. Why? Are you going out again?" She asked.

"Actually we are going," I said and she looked at me.

"We?" She asked confused.

"Yes, you said you took a day off from work but you are still working. So, we will go to the spa and have a mother and daughter day. It will help you relax and not worry about work." I explained.

"You are right. I need to stop thinking about work." She sighed.

"Good, I'm already ready. So how about we head out?" I asked and she nodded.

"Okay let's go." She agreed.

-----

The day was getting better. We were both on the bed, getting a back massage. It feels so good that I almost fell asleep.

She stopped and I knew she was done. I sat down and looked at mom. She was still getting her massage. I stood up and went to change. I put my clothes on and check my phone while mom was still getting her massage.

Good morning beautiful, how are you?-A

A smile appeared on my face when I read the message.

More like good afternoon and I'm good. How are ya?-N

Surprisingly, he replied quick.

I just woke up so it's still morning for me and I'm good. What are you doing?-A

I'm with mom at the spa, she needed it to relax and you?-N

Chilling on the bed... did you ask your mom yet? Should I come over and we both talk to her?-A

I'll talk to her once we reached home and I'll let you know-N

Ok, babe, I'll be waiting.-A

Ok-N

"Oh, that felt good." I turned around and saw mom in her robe.

"I told you."

------

We were now home. Mom and I were in the living room, watching some movie. Maybe I should ask her now?

"Mom?" I called out.

"Hmm"

"I have something to ask you," I said and she nodded.

"Go on." She said, her eyes still fixed on the tv.

"Adrian wants me to go with him to his aunt wedding reception," I said and she turned toward me.

"You are meeting his parents?" Mom asked surprised.

"Yeah, they will be there too," I said.

"It looks like you both are really serious about your relationship." She said and I nodded.

"If that's the case, I want you to call him over for dinner tonight. I barely know him and it looked like he isn't going to let you go anything soon." Mom stated and I chuckled.

"I'll call him, but does that mean i can go?" I said and she nodded. I walked to my room and grabbed my phone, dialling his number.

"Hey, babe, what's up? Everything's okay right?" He asked concerned.

"Yeah, mom invited you for dinner tonight," I said and there was a long silence.

"Is she mad at me or...?" He trailed off.

"She wants to meet you before you take me to your aunt reception." I smiled.

"She agreed!?"

"Yeah, so be here in 2 hours," I said and heard him chuckled.

"Alright, see you."

----

Adrian came right on time. I helped mom with dinner and we stepped up the table. We had dinner once Adrian arrived. Mom asked him a lot of question and he replied calmly. I could tell mom liked him since he was a gentleman all night.

"After all that you told me, I guess you are serious about your relationship with my daughter," Mom asked and Adrian nodded.

"I am. I seriously don't plan on leaving anytime soon." He locked eyes with me, promising everything he just said.

"I'm glad she got you. I like you and I trust you." Mom smiled at him and he nodded.

"I'll make sure I won't break your trust." He smiled and mom chuckled.

"Alright, kids, enough of these talks. I know you two want to be alone, so you can leave the table." Mom said.

"I'll help you clean up," I said and she shakes her head no.

"Take him upstairs. I'll do this quickly." She said and I sighed.

Adrian and I made our way upstairs and he laid down on my bed.

"Your mom's cool." He said and I chuckled. I sat on the edge of the bed, facing him.

"Anyway, now that I can go with you... what should I bring and what should I wear?" I asked and he frowned.

"You will look beautiful in anything anyway." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Why don't you pick the outfit for me?" I asked and he nodded.

"Gladly, show me what you like and I pick one." He suggested and I nodded. I walked into my closet and took the dresses that I really like.

Time for him to be a judge...

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah