-8-

-Jaelyn-

-Jaelyn-

—3 Months Later—

Oh thank goodness. I'm graduating in a month and can I say I've never felt better.

My tutor sessions with Zavon has been over for 3 weeks and he is now able to graduate and I think he got a sports scholarship, I don't remember. As a thank you, he said he was gonna tell his "squad" to leave me alone for the rest of the year.

Thank God I'm done with this high school shit.

Anyways, I'm walking home from a long school day.

I keep running into Tayjon all the time for no reason. I walked by him like 12 times today. I tried my best not to look at him but he was just too fine.

Why the fine niggas gotta be the worse ones?

"Yo Jaelyn!" I heard someone call my name.

I snapped out of thoughts and saw Zavon running my way, like fast as fuck.

"What?!" I asked as he inched closer.

He stopped once he got up to me, "hide me."

"What? Why?" I was confused.

"Can you mind ya business and just hide me?" he looked panicked.

"Ok. Where am I supposed to hide you?"

"Nigga I don't fucking know. Just hurry-" I cut him off.

"Ok. Come wit me," I grabbed his hand and led him to my dad's old car wash which was 3 blocks away from where we was at.

It was closed in the front so we entered through the back. No one was there since it went out of business.

"Yo, where the fuck are we?" Zavon asked as he looked around.

"Don't worry about it. You asked me to hide you and that's exactly what I did so ima leave now," I said to him before I started walking back out.

"Wait," I stopped in my tracks when I heard him call my name. "What if they find me in here?"

I turned around, "Who's they?"

"Just a couple hood niggas, no one extremely important."

He's def lying...

"Why you running from them?" I played along.

"That's non of ya business."

"Well ok. Bye now," I waved at him.

"You really not gon tell me where I'm at?" I hear him ask.

"I'll tell you the next time I see you...which is never," I said as I continued walking.

—Later that Day—

"Damn, I really got nothing to do around here," I said to myself as I stared at my ceiling.