Chapter 18 "Silver Arrow"

SHIVA'S POV

I couldn't put into words how bothered and BETRAYED I felt. Hera always seems to surprise me with her level of disregard for others, deceitfulness, and cruelty. After seeing the way she acted when I got in trouble with Zeus it was as if I was looking at a different person. Her true colors have shed and at the worst time. When playing mom she isn't so bad. But when that bond is broken and she has nothing to lose: she turns into a monster. Or momster. Whatever works.

I held the box tightly in anger. I could sense the clouds shifting enraged. Slowly the reflective building displayed dark gray, almost black, clouds. I could feel deep rumbling inching it's way closer. Strikes of shattering thunder followed. He was angry. I hoped Hera didn't tell him I had the box.

If Pandora's Box were to open the end would be near. Hope remains in the box and that's all that's keeping humanity together. If the wrong person acquired this... it would be bad. I had no intentions of opening it and just wanted it gone. Part of me just wanted to give it to some other unfortunate person but another part of me realizes I needed to keep it safe. I needed to hide it. Hopefully Zeus doesn't know I have it...

I tucked the box under my arm and started pacing. I faced another issue, where was I and how do I get back to the camp. Surely they realize I'm missing?

I'm missing. The box is missing. Things aren't looking good for me...

I tucked Pandora's box under my arm in a sick attempt at hiding it from godly prying eyes from above. I began my walk down the road Hera had dropped me off. I don't know where my new destination was but I wanted out of here. I don't think I could return to camp, not with this in my possession.

As I walked down the path my stomach started rumbling and my legs ached. Never during my godly existence have I felt such mundane pain. It was incredibly bothersome. At this point I was in a wooded area but not the same wooded area the camp was in. It was darker and less dense. The trees were evenly spread out like it was an orchard of sorts. Where was I?

APOLLO'S POV

Argus was responsible for guarding the camp entrance. He's a 100 eyed giant, it's impossible to slip past him without his beady eyes noticing. But in this case he miraculously did. What makes us believe Hera has something to do with it is the fact that she created Argus and he's her servant. The only thing that could override his duty of guarding the camp is... her.

In hopes of finding out more, we looked through the cabin Shiva was staying in, we found no evidence of where she could be. Thoughts raced through my head on what happened to her. The girl was helpless, the only thing protecting her was this camp. Now, Shiva is out there somewhere with no one.

"I say we imprison every person involved, press them for answers." I said to Chiron with my chin held high. I have a fair bit of knowledge when it comes to milking out the truth from someone.

"If none of them had answers then we'd be imprisoning them for no reason." Said Chiron with a shake of his head. I respected the man and under other circumstances I would see the logic behind his words, but in this case it was personal. I felt an obligation towards her safety. 

"We could always beat them into submission." Suggested Ares.

I exchanged a look with Ares and raised a suggestive eyebrow at Chiron. "I don't think so... there's nothing we can do. Until the oracle provides a new prophecy we can't send anyone on a quest. Until then, we wait as it's too dangerous." Chiron explained gently.