This Isn't Goodbye

Y/N'S POV

My hands started sweating and my heart beat faster. I looked to Steven for some sort of reassurance, but only panicked more when I saw his terrified expression. I swallowed the lump in the throat "What do the diamonds want with us?!" I demanded, my voice cracking a little from fear.

I watched Aquamarine for some sort of answer, but got nothing. I felt Steven rest his hand on mine, but my eyes stayed glued on the little blue brat that was leading us to our possible death.

We reached the top of the steps and saw a big yellow gem, who i'm guessing is Topaz, waiting for us. There was a bright light, and two slightly smaller Topaz's stood where the big one previously stood, confirming they were a fusion.

Aquamarine turned back to us with a cocky smirk. "I would say your goodbyes now~" My heart dropped. She couldn't possibly mean- "You know, since you're not gonna see each other after this." I felt my eyes start to water.

"Don't cry! Don't cry! Stay strong... for Steven." I shook my head as tears started rolling down my face. I quickly brushed them away

"y/n..." My head snapped to look at him and his eyes widened when he saw me. He didn't hesitate to tackle me with a hug. We held each other for a while, not wanting to have to say goodbye. "This can't be it... I've only just met Steven and now I have to say goodbye?"

He backed out of the hug, but left his hands on my shoulders. I got lost in his eyes, which were now watery and red. "y/n, I-"

"Alright lovebirds! Time to go!" Before we could protest, Aquamarine popped the bubble we were trapped in. One of the Topaz's caught me and the other grabbed Steven. I kicked and struggled as much as possible, but the gem's grip on me only got tighter.

The ship door opened and the Topaz's stepped out. "You know what to do with them!" Aquamarine yelled from the doorway of the ship. "Oh! And Steven, y/n. It really is a shame. You were quite cute." She traced a line down her face on the side of her gem to make it look like she was crying, before bursting out in an annoying, high pitched fit of laughter.

The Topaz's started taking us in two different directions. "y/n!" Steven cried out. "Steven!" I tried my best to turn and face him, but to no avail. "I promise we'll see each other again! I promise this isn't goodbye! Please just hold o-" A door slid shut behind us and I could no longer hear Steven's desperate cries.

Topaz continued walking to who knows where. I stopped struggling after a while. The only thing it was doing was tiring me out, and deep down I knew it was no use.

Finally, Topaz stopped at a purple tinted crystal doorway. She grabbed my arm and forced it straight outward, placing my hand on some colorful diamond pattern. This made the door glow and slowly open. I peeked into the new room. I couldn't see that much but it looked pretty empty. I could see a big balcony with shimmering purple curtains around it.

As I tried to get a better look, Topaz tossed me onto the cold hard floor. I groaned and watched as Topaz closed the door, leaving me alone in the huge, unfamiliar yet familiar room. I sat up and half my cheek that had hit the ground pretty hard. It was the opposite side of my black eye. "Lucky me." The floor was a light purple. Actually, pretty much everything was. I looked up and saw a huge purple chandelier.
Other than that, the room was completely empty.

I jumped onto my feet and ran onto the balcony. I felt my stomach drop a little when I looked down. It was so high up. If I fell, there was no way I would survive. To my left, there was a giant white statue of a person, but only the chest and up. Not even any arms. Down below, there were tons of little crystal houses and towns. Everything was shiny and had a crystal look to it. It looked so clean, but yet so... destroyed. There were craters and holes scattered around. A bunch of buildings also had cracks in them.

I sighed and leaned on the railing in front of me. Everything from the past few days rushed threw my head "I met Steven, I met the other gems, helped Lars and Sadie with their love problem, somewhat learned how to fight, went on a date with Steven-" I shook my head and quickly corrected myself "Hung out with Steven, got kidnapped, and had to say goodbye to my best friend that I only just met the other day."

Thinking of Steven reminded me that I was still wearing his clothes. I looked down and traced me hand along the big yellow star. "What's gonna happen to us Steven?" I whispered. There was a little bit of hope in me. I thought that if I just thought hard enough, or really focused, maybe I could reach out to him with my gem? It sounds stupid now that i'm saying it out loud. Maybe that's why I felt the little bit of hope inside of me die out.

I hung my head and let the tears pour. I didn't make any noise, I just let the tears flow as I played with the short sleeves of Steven's shirt.

BAM!

I swung my head around and for a second I was scared I had gave myself whiplash. The door had been forced open by a very tall purple gem, with long white-ish hair. She looked a lot like Steven's friend Amethyst, just a lot bigger.

"Come with me Hybrid." She demanded. I did as she said, not wanting any trouble and not knowing what else to do. Once I got closer to her, she grabbed my hands and held them behind my back. "Ow!" I yelped, but didn't protest. She wasn't going to let me go and I knew that.

We walked down the long, cold hall in silence. Terrible thoughts of what was about to happen to me ran through my head.

GUYS! 11K VIEWS?! Thank you all so much for reading! I'm so glad you guys are liking the story so far! All of your predictions and hilarious comments always make my day💜